Chapter 02: Dance Evaluation

Note: Underlined is a voiceover/interview (I'll be only including ones from Naomi or revolving around her)

Today was the day of the first Evaluation at the LA Boot Camp, to say I was nervous was an understatement. I mean at least today was the dance evaluation, that's something I'm somewhat confident in.

As I arrive at the Boot Camp most of the girls are all talking or stretching as we waited for everyone to arrive. I decided I shouldn't stick to my introvert tendencies and continue to hide by myself. I figured I should at least try and become friends with the girls, they all seem nice while Kaylee seems to be around my age but younger, so I thought that maybe I should go and talk to her since we'd probably have a lot in common. That is exactly In other words, it was when my 40% extroverted side came out and decided that I wanted to talk to the girls, I started getting to know some of them and before we knew it, it was time for JYP to start talking and the episode to start.

He called Savanna to go first and she was amazing. O.O by NMIXX is such a hard song to dance to and she pulled it off so effortlessly it was insane. The way she could hold her leg up so straight in the air for so long in the beginning of the song was so shocking, I'm sure we all had 'O.O' faces. When JYP had nothing but compliments to say, none of us were surprised at all, Savanna did amazing at that dance, she definitely deserved the stone.

Next was Camila, she was covering ICY by ITZY and her moves were quite accurate, I'm a bit intimidated because during one of our breaks she was saying how she was nervous because of JYP's feedback at the regional auditions but she did great with her dance. Again, JYP only had compliments and a stone to give.

Next was Lexus/Lexi, when she was dancing during our breaks she looked amazing and her dance was on point. To see her now putting in energy made me nervous for my turn, she dances so well. She also seem to know the balance for personality, style and accents and yet still keeps up with all the details and movements in God's Menu by Stray Kids which took lots of energy to dance to, I'm starting to feel way less prepared now.. JYP had given Lexi praise, compliments and a dance stone.

He called me to perform after Lexi, and I told myself that I practiced hard and I should just trust my practice get into my performance headspace.
"So what did you do after the auditions?", JYP asked me.
"Well I tried to focus on what I thought I could improve on which was making my facial expressions have a bigger impact while dancing and making my movements cleaner".

Naomi: I practiced a lot and tried to perfect my performance with all the details once I settled on a song for the dance evaluation. I just hope I practiced enough and won't mess up".

The dance and song link:

After I got into position I gave the staff a signal that I was okay to start the performance. LOCO by ITZY started to play and I tried my hardest to put my practice to use and try my best to enjoy the performance. Towards the end of the song I nearly forgot how hard the dance break was and how much energy you would need to use just to do it. My knees were sore to say the least, I barely got up. When I finished my dance I was surprised by the sudden claps coming from the girls.

KG: "Her energy and stamina was amazing, I have no idea how she managed to keep up with all the details and her facial expressions. I'm going to strive to be like Naomi when dancing".

"Naomi, Your dancing skills are insane. You managed to show such an energetic side of you, how many sides of you are there??"
"Uhhh, multiple I guess?", I replied. I was thankful for the fact that I was able to somehow catch my breath rather quickly.
"You said that you were trying to focus on having your expressions make a bigger impact and making your movements cleaner, you did exactly that. You've improved so much, it's insane, your facial expressions matched the song perfectly and your movements were clean exactly where and when they needed to be. Come here", JYP says. I walk towards him with the empty pendant and he fills it with the yellow dance stone.
"Thank you so much"
"You did great Naomi, I'm excited to see what else you can do", he says as I walk back to my seat.