Chapter 13: The Grand Finale Rehearsals

Naomi POV:

Today we were starting our last mission and we have 20 days to finish it..We were waiting in the recording room that we recorded the "Ready for the World" song in for JYP to come and distribute the lyrics with us. He said that when he was listening to us sing the song Know Me Like That, he liked the song even more. I felt a bit upset though since pretty much all my lines were the same, but I mean at least I was getting lines? Although, in Y.O.Universe my lines were okay, they weren't too complicated and didn't showcase too much of my vocal stability or vocals at all really but I'm just hoping that my dancing is enough to allow me to debut.

I felt really confident in our dancing since we were all pretty much dancers. Lexi, Savanna and I all have years of dancing/gymnastics experience while Gina had JYP training and Camila could catch on to anything really quickly. We made some tweaks but overall I feel like the dance aspect of this performance was a bit too overshadowing compared to the other team. As we were taking a break Lexi said,
"I'm tired"
"Sameee"
"We should refresh"

It ended up being us using multiple products like facial mist and lip balm and treating it like a commercial. We then finished fooling around and started walking to the other practice room where we'd be having our dance lesson. We opened the door to see SUNMI. I was shocked, SUNMI was one of my favorite soloists and she was here, right in front of me. As we got into a line she ran up to us and started shaking our hands.

"Oh my god, wait!"
"Oh my god no way!"
"Nice to meet you"
"Nice to meet you"

We were very much shocked. Sunmi said we would be singing and dancing at the same time.

"Wait I need a second!"
"Why are we so nervous!"

The music started playing after we calmed down and we ended up performing in front of SUNMI. She said we did really well but she also suggested,

"I do have a suggestion though. When you're practicing, try and have someone sit here in front of you guys and practice while looking in their eyes."

Naomi: I really just want to prove to everyone, including myself that I deserve to be here in A2K and I can do really well. SUNMI provided me with lots of confidence for the performance.

We were now practicing for Y.O.Universe. This dance was probably harder due to all the acting and teamwork needed. It was harder to sing as well because of all the emotions.

"Guys, I'm sorry I know I keep pointing things out but we aren't singing "Woah-woah-oh Woah-woah, oh, oh, oh-oh" together when we should be. There's always at least one of us singing too late or too early" I pointed out.
"Is that why it was sounding kind of off to me?" Gina mumbled.
"Naomi don't worry about it, it's okay at least you're the one pointing it out and it's not one of the judges or a special mentor. It's better to fix it here during practice than out there on stage" Lexi said.
"Yeah, Lexi's right!" Camila said.
"Should we practice just that then after the break?" Savanna asked.
"That works with me" Lexi said.
"Me too!" a bunch of us said at once.
"Jinx! Double Jinx! Under a roof!" we continued on and on until the break ended.

A few days later we had a dance practice but today it was with Gabee, she was from the dance team that choreographed Y.O.Universe. We were nervous for Gabee's feedback.

"Ah Naomi, your dancing was good along with your facial expressions, I like the attitude you added to the dance."
"Thank you", I said as I bowed to her.

As we went back to the other practice room, we continued to keep practicing Y.O.Universe and it still felt a little awkward.

"Why don't we just practice the facial expression and actions until it feels less awkward between us?" I suggested during one of our many breaks.
"Actually that sounds like a good idea" Gina added.
"I mean if it gets work done that's fine by me" Lexi said approving of my thought.
"Yeah" Camila and Savanna said collectively.

After about 10 minutes we finally got the actions, timing and expressions to what we felt like was good for that part. We soon began going back to practicing the whole song again. We got another break after we practiced the song for about 15 times.

Our breaks were always full of us fooling around or laughing about something random. It was a nice break but as soon as the music started or we were getting ready to practice or perform, we stopped being goofballs who caused chaos and turned serious.

I have a feeling we'll do really well during the performance, so I hope all of us can debut. Although it does seem a bit ridiculous to debut 9 girls when JYP Entertainment has TWICE, another 9 member group and a 9 member boy group which turned into an 8 member group.

 Although it does seem a bit ridiculous to debut 9 girls when JYP Entertainment has TWICE, another 9 member group and a 9 member boy group which turned into an 8 member group

Author's Note:

835+ words! Guys the survival show is pretty much doneee what do I doooo. I'm really debating whether putting post-survival show content in another book or keeping it here.

Also, so basically I have like 3-4 books that have some drafts (not completed in order) so I feel like you'll see some of them soon since I'm running out of content for this book. I can't wait until VCHA debuts though since I feel like we'll have lots of content from them.

Anyways- I'm going to bed because it's 9:30PM and I've been procrastinating on the Science Fair Project I've been supposedly working on when it doesn't make sense. Also hi to the people who know who I am-

- ArinTheAntiRomantic