Chapter-26: The Jealousy

NOTE: TILL NOW I DON'T HAVE PREWRITTEN CHAPTERS SO IF YOU COMPLETE TARGET VOTE IN ONE DAY THERE IS NO WAY I WILL POST THE CHAPTER NEXT DAY BECAUSE NO ONE CAN WRITE A CHAPTER IN ONE DAY. HOWEVER, I WILL MAKE SOME CHANGES IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS. BUT REMEMBER IN WATTPAD, 1 CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK.

TARGET VOTE: 2600 (increased it since I have seen now y'all can complete 2K in one day)

WEEK-6

A week after the farmhouse picnic, I woke up with a call from my dear fiance's mother, apparently, his Dadi wanted to take me out shopping today

A week after the farmhouse picnic, I woke up with a call from my dear fiance's mother, apparently, his Dadi wanted to take me out shopping today. Well what a change, I mean it all took place last week, at the farmhouse. When everyone was out for the treasure hunt, suddenly Dadi while exploring the grounds misstep and twisted her ankle. I rushed to her aid and helped her to the chair propping a cushion while getting her an ice bag.

I could tell she didn't like me much before, but throughout the day I kept an attentive eye on her because that's who my parents had raised me to be. At the end of the day I was sure I had made some progress because she pulled me aside, talking to me casually, and telling me how she finally remembered seeing me somewhere in London. I was scared for a second but it turned out she had actually seen me in one of the charity functions. Well that wasn't bad at all. I remember making a very good impression on everyone present in that function.

I went to the Aziz mansion in the afternoon, hoping to bump into someone. I mean after that night at the farmhouse, we hadn't really talked, the morning after we didn't get a chance either. The moment was etched on my memory and it wasn't going to go anytime soon unless something else replaced it.

I got in greeting his family members, who were in there and sat down with Dadi, who to my surprise was telling me stories about her time. I think she saw me looking around a few times when she said, "The one you're looking for isn't here in fact he never is."

I didn't understand what she meant which she could probably tell and sighed, "Zain didn't tell you that he doesn't live here with us." I wasn't expecting that, I mean we never talked anyways but this topic hadn't come up either. Didn't Kabir tell me last time, to check his room?

Dadi understood my confusion and continued, "He moved out to his penthouse, five years ago. It's not like he doesn't live here totally sometimes he does when I call him or when Zoya does but he maintains a distance by staying alone most of the time. I think we are to partly blame but he can be sensitive too sometimes."

I knew he had problems with his family but I didn't know it was this serious. Not once had it come up in these six weeks that he didn't live with them. Dadi looked at the clock this time, "We better get going or we will be late for our shopping."

"Dadi you don't take us shopping!" Zaina and Alisha complained.

"When it's your wedding I'll take you too." Dadi told them, I couldn't help but finally feel relieved that she didn't have a bad opinion about me anymore. Maybe the London memory helped a little.