Chapter-20: The Office Detour

TARGET VOTE: 1500+

I woke up in the morning to 100+ messages in the groupchat

I woke up in the morning to 100+ messages in the groupchat. Apparently Noor had ended up with Alizeh in her in-laws house, and Alizeh gave a very vivid description of what happened after that. Right now the two were arguing and teasing each other while I took my part in the groupchat and then got dressed for the day immediately. Dua and I had planned a hangout to go out, actually Noor and Alizeh were included too but they both had opted out due to some other work.

Dua came over right after breakfast, we chatted for a half an hour before going out. Just when we were about to go out my dad got hold of me.

"Shayra can you drop this file at the Aziz office. I would have sent someone but this is extremely cofidential. Do not give it to any employee." He said.

I recognized the file and knew the importance so I decided not to argue. Dua was waiting for me by the car now and I told her of the little detour we would have to make.

"I don't want to go there can I wait in the car" she said as we settled ourselves into the car.

"No it will take at least 30 minutes to explain the details after that we're off with our day." I explained to her as I started driving.

"Have you gone there before?" She questioned.

"Once, with my dad for a meeting. Azaan was there." I answered and she made an annoyed face.

"You can wait in their waiting room and hopefully you won't come across him. It's a huge office." I assured her.

"Accha what happened that day on the cruise? How did you convince him to delete your pictures?" I questioned.

"Oh that? Turns out it wasn't really that hard." Saying this she started explaining me the story.

FLASHBACK: to the 2nd night on the cruise :
AUTHOR'S POV:

As Azaan approached the deck he couldn't help feeling happy that Dua had wanted to see him. Dua did not have anything particular in her mind as to how she would stop him from going back, giving Noor some time.

"You called me?" Azaan said suppressing a smile as he reached her.

"Yes- I umm wanted to talk to you" Dua said with uncertainty.

"I want the same." Azaan said taking the seat beside her.

"Actually you know what nevermind- I will get to the point. Delete that picture." Dua said letting her intrusive thoughts win.

"What picture?" Azaan replied trying to act innocent.

'Our picture which Ahaan took today!" She rebuked him.

"Ohh that- Why should I do that? What will I get?" He asked teasing her.

"If you do it then nothing but if you don't then you will get my sandals thrown at you!" She replied.