Chapter-5🥀

Mayan went near Manik and patted his shoulder,Manik looked up at him and then looked away,Mayan sat beside him and put head on his shoulder,Manik pulled him in a hug.

Mayan-Don’t worry,Nothing will happen to him..

He said and rubbed Manik’s back who backed off from the hug and kiss on his head.

Mayan-So.it’s true you are not our Dad?

He said in a broken voice,Manik looked at him with tears and tried to say something but shut his mouth,Mayan smiled at him with teary eyes and closed his eyes.

Mayan-We don’t care,For you are our Dad,Best Dad so I don’t need any explanation.

He said and smiled at Manik who looked at his loveable eyes,and then Nandini came near them with a smile,both standing up and looking at her,she smiled.

Nandini-He is fine,nothing serious but he is very weak,cause he lost a lot of blood so you need to be extra careful.

Manik-Can we meet..

Nandini-Big No,He is unconscious and also he needs some rest,when we shift him to another ward then you can meet him.

She looked at Manik and then she ruffled Mayan’s hair and turned but stopped by Manik.

Manik-C.an we talk?

Nandini(sigh)-Yeah sure 

She said and walked toward her chair,she sat on the chair in front of Manik who still stood with head low.

Nandini-Have a seat.

Manik looks up  at her with teary eyes,Nandini looks away.

Manik(low voice)-Thank you

Nandini-No problem, it's my duty..

Manik-I am sorry..

Nandini-For what?

Manik-For everything,I am really sorry,I know I don’t deserve your forgiveness but please try to forgive me,what you did today I can’t forget this,Thank you so much.

Nandini-I already forgive you Manik,There is nothing now,and also now our lives are different. We both stand on different paths but the difference is you move on but I am still there,stuck between my heart and brain.

Manik sat in front of her and looked into her eyes.

Manik-Do y.ou still l.oves me?

Nandini opened the file and started to check,Manik’s eyes landed on her hands and saw the same ring which she gave him back but he threw it,he smiled.

Manik-So this ring??

Nandini hide hand and scratched the back of neck,Manik chuckled.

Manik-Are you still single?

Nandini-Who says?

Manik-Your eyes..

Nandini rolled his eyes and threw one paper on his face,Manik frowned and looked at the paper.

Nandini-I need this medicine..

Manik-O.hk but my answer?

Nandini-Get the fuck out before I kick you..

Manik ran from there before she could complete,She smiled and shook her head.

After some time Manik returns and gives a bag to Nandini who caresses Arman’s cheek,Arman sleeping peacefully.

Mayan-Um when he awakens?

Nandini(smile)-Maybe he took some hours because it’s not easy for his brain to do so..but don’t worry he is fine.