Chapter 10

This is part of a double update read chapter 9 first!

Olivia's POV

I went straight home after the cafe. Stella still isn't back from her errands, so I am left alone in my flat for the first time since running into Harry. I don't know how somebody can be so contradictory. The whole time at the cafe he seemed miserable and like he would rather stab himself than be in the same room as me. I don't blame him though I would feel the same way.

The day after Harry's first tour started is when I got the call that my mother was sick. I immediately packed my bags and got on the first flight home. I can still remember the girls' voices on the phone that day. They were very frantic and wouldn't tell me much other than I needed to come home right then. I had told Harry about it, and he seemed so understanding about the whole thing.

Once I got back home, I went straight to the hospital where my mom was being kept. That is when we learned she had cancer. Originally, they thought they could start her on treatments but after about a month she chose to stop the treatments all together with the recommendations from her doctors. It was spreading too quickly for them to stop it and she swore the treatments were only killing her faster. She passed away 3 months later.

My father was always an alcoholic but after the passing of my mother things just kept getting worse and he started taking pills to deal with pain. It wasn't long before he was completely drugged out. The abuse started not long after. There was no way I could leave the girls to deal with him alone. On most occasions I was able to stop him from hurting the girls but there was nothing to stop him from coming after me.

I knew not long after getting home from the first night of Harry's tour there was no way I could go back and leave the girls. I knew that if I told Harry about what was really going on he would stop everything and come home. I couldn't let him do that. He was finally getting to live out his dream and I couldn't be the one to crush that for him.

I had tried to call him a couple of times the week after I came home to end things, but he never picked up and never returned my calls. It was only a few days later that the pictures of him and Kendall kissing were plastered all over my social media.

Harry had always kept us private. Only his closest friends knew about me. He didn't want me to go through all of the hate he knew would come my way. After watching that tear apart a lot of other couples in the spotlight, he wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen to us. No matter how many times I told him it wouldn't, he still refused. For him to already be so public with her hurt me more than any of the things that my father would say about me.

It always made me wonder what was so wrong with me to keep me hidden away like a little secret for so long. I would stand in the mirror for hours nitpicking every possible thing that is wrong with me. Any sense of self confidence I had left was ruined and I am still not sure that I ever got any of it back. So, I just never went back and never answered another phone call again.

The whole time we were at the cafe he couldn't wait to leave, and neither could I. He is completely over me just like I am him. Any part of him that cared about me has turned to hatred. Just from the comments he has made since seeing me it's obvious that he could care less what happens to me. When he came back to help me get through the crowd of people who were probably there for him more than me it left me stunned. I can't help but wonder why.

Stella finally comes rushing into the flat staring at something on her phone.

"Have you seen any of the reviews from your performance the other night?" Stella comes into the living room gushing.

"No, why?" I lean forward and grab my phone to type my name into the google search.

"They are amazing! We are definitely celebrating tonight!"