Chapter two

Play song when you get to the *

Olivia's POV

The camera lights start flashing as soon as my door is opened by the security guard that rode in the front seat on the way here. I start to step out of the vehicle careful not to fall while being blinded by the lights. I make my way down the red carpet slowly with the sounds of interviewers and paparazzi yelling my name and asking questions.

"When will we get another single from you Olivia?"

"Olivia-"

"Will there be an albu-"

It doesn't take long before I am rushed to the end of the aisle and am standing in front of the backdrop with MTV VMA's printed in large letters. I am then instructed to pose while lots of men and women try to get the best pictures of me possible. Liam had gone over this a lot in meetings and before other interviews trying to prepare me for this moment but now that it is here I feel like I am in shock. Stella immediately finds a group of people to start talking to.

The flashing of the cameras seems to be going as fast as my heart is beating along with the loud shouts and rushing of people and celebrities making their entrances. Everything in this moment seems terrifying.

Don't get me wrong it's exciting, but it is very intimidating and seems like it is happening way too fast. Just a few short months ago I was back in London with Stella and the twins in our apartment working at a coffee shop during the day and bartending at night so that we would have enough money to survive. All my free time was spent with the girls and out playing gigs at any place that would have me.

It was only a few weeks ago that the girls left for university while I continued to work to be able to send them money when needed. I make a mental note to call the girls tonight and continue to turn and pose between camera flashes.

After about 20 minutes of letting the paparazzi take as many pictures as they could I make my way to the bathroom right inside the venue while Stella is off being the social butterfly that she is.

I lean my hands up against the sink counter tops while taking a few deep breaths and fixing my makeup in the mirror. The nerves were definitely getting to me along with the stress of this being my first award show performance. The never-ending cameras were definitely more than anything I have ever experienced. It wasn't long until a bustling blonde came rushing in.

"There you are! What are you doing?" The look of concern comes across Stella's face as her voice quiets down towards the end of her questions.

I muster up the only reply I can between deep breaths. "Breathing."

"Oh Livi. When are you going to realize this is what you have waited your whole life for? You deserve this more than anyone I know. Hell, you deserve this more than that dusty old pub with creepy old men you'd be pouring drinks for back home. You and I both know they weren't just there for the drinks" I can't help but crack a smile as Stella had always said the regulars came back to gawk more than drink. She has spent years trying to get me to see how beautiful she thinks I am although I tend to disagree. Stella smiles and reaches her frail arms around me to hug me as she whispers in my ear.

"There you go. I wouldn't push you if I didn't think you could handle this, but I know you. You are the strongest person I know, Livi."

I smile as we pull away. "Thank you, Stell."

I check the mirror one more time before looking over at her with her smug smile on her face. She knows that she has managed to pull me out of my own thoughts once again and seems to be very proud of it.