Lucky Day (pt. 1)

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

I was startled into consciousness by a vibration of my phone on the bed. I hastily launched my arm in the direction vibrations were coming from, finding my phone and turning the alarm off. I instantly fell back on my pillow and pressed my head into it, hiding from the light, slowly descending into sleep once again. Such bliss didn't last long: the phone had buzzed again, making me groan and sit up, turning the second alarm off.

I rubbed my eyes and let them get used to the light that now filled the Rustbucket. I rubbed my face, trying to wake up fully. Just why did I set this alarm? I thought, stretching. As my back popped, so did the memories of the last day. The training!

I quickly stood up, only to stumble to the wall, finding support in it as my vision turned darker and head spun. As I regained balance, I quickly dived into the bathroom and started my morning routine, hastily freshening up and nearly jumping out of the bathroom to start training as soon as possible.

I quickly shot a glance towards the kitchen, where Gwen and I were watching movies until the deep night, followed by exhaustion. I quickly retrieved the laptop from the table top, placed by currently snoozing on a table disassembled into a bed Max. I instantly lifted the screen, only to find the laptop locked behind a password.

Great, now I'll have to-- My thought was stopped when I looked at Gwen, sleeping, her hair sprawled in the pillow, face pressed into it, one arm under the blanket, while the other one was under the pillow, peeking out and dangling from the edge of the bed.

I looked at her for a second and sighed. I can't just wake her up... I found myself thinking, as my eyes fell higher, right on Ben's bunk, where the boy was in nearly identical pose to Gwen, which drew a chuckle out of me. Guess they are cousins after all.

I turned back to the piece of technology and raised my watch, choosing Upgrade and spinning the dial until the bar was fully filled, but before I could transform a thought crossed my mind.

I don't need to transform into Upgrade fully, do I?

I spun the watch in reverse, leaving the bar for Upgrade almost empty. After that my hand absentmindedly switched to Heatbalst and added just as little into his bar, doing same for Diamondhead.

Well, if I'm experementing here, might as well experiment with other aliens as well.

I pressed my watch and with a green explosion of light, I found myself not much different from my normal self, the only difference I could pinpoint being the lack of strange alien tech on my hand and its appearance in the center of my chest under the shirt.

I placed my hand on the laptop, and no later than I did that I felt conncetion to the machine in my hand, black and green goo slowly spread from the point of contact, stopping only when it covered a bit less than a half of the keyboard.

As I managed to crack through the password without so much as a thought, I smiled, quickly pulling up the training regimen I made for myself yesterday. I was mostly focusing on endurance, balance and flexibility, not interested in strength as much.

As I retracted the alien part of me that hacked into the laptop, I quickly reached out for my phone, my gaze falling onto the earphones on my bed. After a short time of thought, I reached out and took the earphones with me, plugging them in and trying to find something suitable out of my sparse choice of songs.

I quickly changed into clothes suitable for physical training, taking the shoes that once belonged to Ben and went outside of the Rustbucket, breaking into a run as I placed the earphones into assigned to them places.