Breaking the Body and the Mind

- 3rd person P.O.V. -

A giant spaceship orbited Earth, sparkling with red lightning. The hangar door had opened, and two mechadroids, which resemble a flying saucer, flew out into space, setting their course on Earth. The hangar door closed, and Bloid, a standard droid-minion, who was controlling the process, turned around to look at the healing tank, where an unknown entity currently resided.

Bloid: "The drones have launched, equipped with the improved internal tracking system. They're constantly sending updates about their status. They should be able to find the Omnitrix and gather information about the unknown weapon."

A deep, labored voice rang through the tank, making it outside to the interior of the ship.

Entity: "They may locate both the Omnitrix and the second watch," he stopped to take a raspy inhale "but obtaining them won't be as simple. Our adversaries possess a fearsome intelligence and an uncanny ability to collaborate. We mustn't underestimate them."

- Meanwhile -

In the far away bed in the Rustbucket, (Y/n) was sleeping, his hands slightly trembling. The linen below him was all crumpled, while the blanket covered only one leg and his torso and the pillow was on the floor. When the sun hit his face he abruptly sat up, gripping his head.

(Y/n): "God, my head..." he whispered to himself, and opened his (e/c) eyes to see his hands decorated with lightning-like scars that originated from his palms.

(Y/n): "Jesus Christ, my arms..." he said, looking at them. He then stood up, seeing no need to change his clothes as he was sleeping in his usual attire, and quickly threw the pillow off the floor on the bed. He then walked to the front of the van, wanting to take something to eat and then think. When he walked up to the kitchen, he hit his pinky on the corner of the wall.

(Y/n): "Holy hell, my leg..." he said before taking a deep breath and continuing his search for food.

When he was searching without success, the door of the Rustbucket opened and Max came in. Upon seeing (Y/n), he adopted a serious expression and coughed to get his attention. When (Y/n) turned around, he froze, fearing the talk that might happen next.

Max: "Don't be afraid (Y/n), come, let's talk." he said, taking a seat at the table, while (Y/n) took the one on the opposite side, looking at the table.

Max placed his hands, interlocking them and leaning on the table a bit before starting to talk.

Max: "(Y/n), I presume you know what you did wrong."

(Y/n) silently nodded.

Max: "You understand that we can't have a repeat of this behavior, right?"

(Y/n) nodded once again, sighing and wrapping hands around his stomach.

Max: "And, of course, I want you to try and talk to me when you are feeling like running away, alright?"

(Y/n) clenched his teeth and nodded once again. Max then, almost instantly, turned back into his cheery self, his serious tone switching to a warm one. He reached out and placed a hand on a shoulder of the boy, while (Y/n)'s body tensed up and froze.

Max: "It's good to see it, (Y/n)." Max removed the hand from the shoulder of the boy "Sorry, me and Gwen might have overreacted, too."

(Y/n), recovering from his pause, tilted his head and raised a brow at the old man.

(Y/n): "Th-that's it?" he said, his voice barely above whisper.

Max: "Were you waiting for something else?" Max said, making (Y/n) quickly avert his gaze.