The Matter of Choice

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

I had been happily sleeping, unaware of all the hustle around me. That is until I got strongly hit with a pillow. I slowly turned to the attacker, seeing Ben smiling crazily.

Ben: "Wake up, lazybones, we have an obstacle course to get through!" - he nagged me, while I got up on my hand and rubbed my eyes with the other one. I opened my mouth to say something, but felt my voice completely broken, so I had to cough it off.

Me: "Do we have to? I mean, we didn't really show any misses or misuse of our forms..." - I mumbled sleepily, feeling my body still dragging me towards the the kingdom of Hypnos. I got hit with the pillow again, activating all my systems.

Me: "Oi, go there, I'll crush you!" - I glared at Ben with determination and readiness to kick his ass.

Ben: "That's what I like to hear!" - he got out of the Rustbucket.

I got up and changed into my regular clothes. I still felt kinda bummed by the way I had got woken up.

I am so leaving Ben in the dust!

I went out of the Rustbucket and swa Max doing final preparations to the bunch of junk Ben calls ''obstacle course''. I saw Gwen getting ready to take a sun bath, while Ben was excitedly staring at Max go.

Me: "Morning, guys." - I said, stretching my back.

Gwen: "Morning!"

Max: "Good morning, (Y/n). Ready for a test?"

Me: "Yeah, sure, whatever. I am here only to perform better than Ben."

Gwen: "I have no doubts in you!"

Me: "Ah! Thank you!" - I gave her a smile, which she returns.

Ben: "Oh, I see how it is..." - he glared between us.

Gwen: "Try to actually get good then, dweeb!"

Ben: "You won't see it coming!" 

Max: "So, you two ready?" - he said, making sure the whole thing works.

We didn't answer, but slammed our watches for Ben to become Diamondhead and for me to become Stinkfly. 

Additional eyes and ability to move them how I want leaves me at certain advantage.

Ben: "Oh, yeah!" - he slammed his hands together.

Max: "Remember to think out there, boys. Don't try to muscle it, might isn't always right!"

Ben: "I know, but it's always fun!"

Me: "And that's why you'll lose, Ben."

Max pulled the lever, which sent six cans flying at us. I, thinking fast, fired at all of them, hitting only three closest, because Ben had reacted fast enough to intersept the later three. The speed of his shard is something I hadn't thought think about...

Max pulled one more lever, hanging three tragets for us to shoot. I, seeing them way before Ben, managed to fire at all three of them beofre he got a chance.

Me: "Later, loser!" - I pointed one of my eyes at him. 

After that, another set of cans had been fired at us. Ben, seemingly waiting for that moment, fired at cans without lookin at them. I then managed to get five targets that Max had put up.

Gwen: "Go, (Y/n)!" - Gwen cheered on her folding lounge chair, stopping applying sunscreen to throw a hand in the air.

I then started using my wings for faster turn-arounds and slightly changing my position to fire faster and aim better. Ben had been doing the same thing he had been since the start. We were firing at various junk for a few minutes now, with me getting advantage at stationary tragets, while Ben was getting more of the moving ones.