Nature vs Nurture

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

I was in the form of XLR8, a blue-black alien that moves extremely fast, running in front of the van to the burning bulding we got the report for. I transformed first to get faster there. Ben could wait, because he decided to choose Heatblast, since we had to deal with a fire.

I ran ahead and saw the building, a giant brick torch in a night city. The smoke was barely visible against the night sky. I ran in and started relocating all the people from the inside to the street. After few moments I saw Ben running up to me, in from of the Heatblast.

Ben: "So, what's the plan?" Ben said, sizing up the building and looking at me. I turned to him and slid my mask up.

Me: "You take the flames out, I get everyone from inside I didn't get before you got here." I quickly turned around to face the building once more.

Ben: "Roger that!" he said and got into the bulding. I followed him inside. Ben started to consume the flames, opening more and more room for me to rescue people. I, wasting no time, got everyone outside. 

Flames have already died out and as I get ouside with a mother and son, sometimes using walls as gorund. I was fast enough that child had continued screaming for a few seconds before he realised that he is outside. I see Ben land in a hero pose out of the window. I ran and stood to his left.

Me: "Good job!" I slid my mask up and grinned at Ben.

Ben: "Yeah!" we high-fived each other, after which Ben turned to the crowd, sarting to boats, to which I facepalmed.

Ben: "I am sure you want to thank us personally, but it's all in a day's work for..."  - he saw that child that I got out of the fire has one of golden 'Sumo Slammers' cards. He didn't hesitate before running up to the child and standing on one knee, seeing as how Heatblast is much taller than Ben in his human form.

Oh no, those things are more addicitng for him than oxygen...

Ben: "No way! Golden 'Sumo Slammers' card! I've been searching all over the place for them! Where did you..?" he was asking the child, before I decided to move him from the scared and weirded out child right into the Rustbucket that has been riding towards us.

Ben: "Hey! Not cool, dude! I have almost got where I can get this sumo card!" he said, slightly annoyed and angered, while I just looked at him, unfazed.

Gwen: "You two are not done yet, super-doofus! The fire was just a diversion to cover up a jewelery store robbery, bad guys are getting away!" Gwen barged in, taking Ben's anger from me and making him focus on the task at hand.

Ben: "Um, I knew that!" he hesitantly said.

Me: "Sure you--" I was about to continue my phrase, but my watch beeped and timed out, turning me into my child-self "--did!"

I saw myself in my usuall attire. Now I had to look up to look Ben in the eyes.

Me: "Great, now it's fully on you, Ben!" I said in a defeated tone, massaging my temples.

- Timeskip -

Now we were riding right behind the robbers. They, of course, were driving as fast as possible, while we had to catch up. Ben was in the passenger seat, as he had to fire at their car at some point. A disadvantage in that strategy, however, was that Ben was burning our own van.

Max: "Knew I should've bought those asbestos seat covers when I had the chance..." - Max was saying more to himself than anybody in the van.

Ben: "Sorry, grandpa, I can't help it! I'm hot."