5

I wake up the next morning and I'm tired as crap. But I can't get changed, brush my teeth, or brush my hair like I normally do because all my stuff was gone. So I just sat in my room until Lucas came in.

"Hey. Sleep well?" He asked.

"Not really. But I can't really do anything considering I have no clothes...." I say.

"We'll get you some more soon. So want something to eat?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm starving!" I say.

"Well come on then." Lucas says as I follow him to the kitchen. I sit down after I get what I wanted.

"When I was outside last night I realized that you live in a really pretty neighborhood." I said.

"Yeah. I noticed that the first day we moved here from Texas. It was a moment I'll never forget. And we came just as the sun was setting and we had a clear view of it." He said smiling.

"Where I lived, I had no sunset. I couldn't see it. And my best friend Maya, she was a person that was unique. She took risks no one had the heart to try. She was brave. I'm gonna miss her so much...." I say as I smile at the memories I had with her.

"Hey, I'm sure you'll see her again. She sounds like an amazing person." He said.

"She was." I say.

"So after you finish eating you want to check out the town?" Lucas asked.

"Why not? Sure. But I might need something to cover the pajamas.... And a brush..." I say.

"Oh, my dad got you a brush. He only got that because we are all going to the store sometime tomorrow." He said.

"Oh. That's good!!" I say.

"Yeah." He says.

After we both finish eating, we walk around the town. It's a nice place and the people seem nice too.

'I'm really going to like living here." I think to myself.

Then all of a sudden, Lucas attacks some guy that was making fun of what I had on. Well I didn't have any clothes so give me a break.

"Listen buddy, this girl survived a plane crash. Her clothes were destroyed. This was the only thing that was found that she could wear. So before you start judging her, think about what might have happened. Alright?" He says in a loud yet gentle voice. The guy looks at him in a scared face then runs away.

"Wow. Never seen that before." I say with a surprised tone.

"He wasn't harming you physically, but I felt like if I didn't do that, something bad would have happened."

"Thank you for looking out for me." I say with a smile.

"No problem." He says back.

~•~

Lucas standing up for Riley was adorable. But they don't fall in love yet. It's still going to take time. But here's this chapter!! Man this story is going so fast. It's amazing.