2

When I finally opened my eyes, I was in a hospital. I had enough strength to turn my head and I saw my mom, dad, and brother. But they didn't look so good.

"Ah good you're up." A nurse says to me.

"What happened? Why am I here? Will my family be okay?" I ask quickly.

"Well what happened is a terrorist took over the airplane that you were on. You're here because the wreck of the plane was so bad, that all the passengers had to be escorted by helicopter to this hospital. And we are doing everything that we can to make sure everyone will be okay. So far, you're the only one that has woken up. But that doesn't mean no one else will." The nurse said.

"Why so I look better than the rest of my family?" I ask.

"Your dad protected you and your mom protected your brother. But your brother still got a beating." The nurse said.

"When can we leave?" I ask.

"When we know that your whole family is doing well." She said.

Another nurse stick her head in and called for my nurse.

"I have to go but I'll be back in a few minutes." She says to me.

I just lie there in pain. I have a million thoughts and I was to say them so bad but my throat is burning like crazy and I am in to much pain to do anything.

The nurse came back with a sad look on her face.

"What's wrong...?" I say nervously.

"I'm so sorry. But your family.. They've died." The nurse said.

I then just sob. "They can't die!! Their my family!! Their supposed to be there for me. They are supposed to help me through life. Raise me to the best I can be. I'm only 13 I can't live alone!! I need a family!!!!" I say in tears.

"Well actually, there is someone who is a very close friend to your father who would be happy to take you in and raise you." The nurse says.

"Who?" I ask.

"I don't know his name, but I know that he and your father are very close. He knows you and would be happy to raise you just like your parents would." They nurse said.

"It won't be the same as my parents, but it will do. I'll live with him." I say.

"Great!! I'll go call him to let him know!" The nurse told me.

I just lay there and think 'My parents are gone. And I didn't even get to say I love you. And Auggie. He was my little brother. I wanted to hug him so tight and just play with him and make him happy. It's to late. It's to late for everything I ever wanted to do with my family. To late....'

~•~

Here's the next chapter! It's really sad. But at least Riley will be raised by someone again. I am excited for this story. It's the first one I've done in a while and it's looking good so far. Hopefully after this one there will be more!! I hope you all like it!