4

"I'm going to like living with you both." I say.

"Thanks." He says with a smile.

We go in and he takes me to my room.

"Do you have any bags that I could carry? Just to help you get settled?" He asks.

"I wish. Everything got destroyed in the plane crash." I say.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It was hard to get over my family being gone, but I'm working on it." I say.

"Well we're here for you if you need anything." He said.

"Thanks." I say with a smile.

After I see his whole house, I start wanting to take a walk.

"Lucas, Mr.Friar, I'll be outside taking a walk if you need me." I say loud enough for them to hear.

"Hold on." I hear Mr.Friar say. "Lucas needs to go with you. He's your protector incase someone tries to harm you."

"I doubt I could be harmed." I say.

"Still just in case." He says.

"Fine." I say.

"Lucas!!!! Get out here." Mr.Friar shouts.

Lucas runs out. "What?"

"Take a walk with Riley. Keep her safe." He says.

"Will do. See you later dad." Lucas says.

As we walk outside, I take in what's around me. A empty road, a few more houses down the street, a lake with a waterfall, a forest, and a clear view of the sunset.

'This might not be home. But I can get used to it.' I think.

"What are you waiting for? Follow me." Lucas says.

"Okay?" I say. I follow him to the lake.

"CANNONBALL." He shouts as he jumps in. I didn't even realize he took his shirt off until he came back up to the surface.

"Come on Riley, jump in!!" He says with a smile on his face.

"I'm not even wearing a swimsuit though." I say.

"Come on. Want to have fun? There's a rope over there. Swing and let go!!" I go over to the rope.

'You're gonna regret this.' I think to myself as I swing and do a perfect front flip into the lake.

"Nice job Matthews!!" Lucas says.

"Thanks!! That was actually really fun!" I said.

"I knew you would eventually say that." He said.

Before either one of us knew it, it was 11:00pm. And me and Lucas were laying down, gazing up at the stars.

"Come on Riley, let's go back home." Lucas says as he yawned.

He helps me up and we walk back to his house. We walk in and the light are out.

"My dads asleep." Lucas said.

"Alright. Well goodnight." I say to him as I go to my room. When I get there, something is on the bed. A note, and some pajamas.

'Welcome to the family Riley. We're glad to have you here. We hope you enjoy staying with us.' ~ Mr.Friar & Lucas.

I smile to myself after putting the pajamas on and crashing into the bed.

~•~

I just love how this is going. Don't you? More chapters coming your way. Hope you like this one!!