(V5) Monologue of Sudou Ken

I'VE always been a pretty erratic and incompetent person. 

My mom left us to go to the nightclub business. It torn my old man, more than it ever did to me. Our income wasn't the greatest either. They couldn't afford me to even go to a competent school, so they sent me, an incompetent person, to go to an incompetent school to constantly get in trouble. The old man took up a job as a janitor, seeing him hunched over like that, looking tired than resting... 

It annoys me. 

It annoys me that I can even live up to be someone of worth.

So being the idiot I am, I quit studyin' and went away to sports.

At first, I liked sports. You could play by yourself, like tennis and Ping-Pong, but I didn't really stick with those. I was good, but I knew I'd never become a top-tier athlete. Then I tried basketball.

I wasn't a team player or nothin', but somehow, I got seriously into playing basketball. And I just kept getting better. I was even recommended to a high school with one of the best basketball teams in the entire country. But I ended up getting in some trouble, and my recommendation got pulled. That was when I really understood the painful truth:

I fucking suck.

I was born from trash... made from trash. 

I am trash.

So I said that to my old man, y'know? Me getting accepted to Advanced Nurturing High School and all. My old man couldn't even comprehend, he was joyful. Even so, at that time, I still though I was trash. So, I said what I thought, what I felt.

He looked at me, real hard:

"Homeless people find good use in trash, why can't people find good use in you?"

I laughed at that. It was funny, yet it was true.

I felt motivated, and this school will motivate me to become a professional basketball player.

That was why I chose this school. A dream school that didn't cost any money, a dream school that could guarantee even my future. A dream school that'll bring my potential.

____________________________________________________________________________

Yup! Volume 5 has started!

I've also tweaked Sudou's monologue to be a bit more... touching? I'm not sure if it's better but it will do.

That's all. Have an amazing day/night reader(s)!