𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻: 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

-𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼-
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Astoria once mentioned to me that whenever any kind of trouble brews, Mr. Potter somehow finds his way into the mix. Honestly, she might be onto something there. The most recent incident involves him maneuvering his way into the Triwizard Tournament, and, to me, it's beginning to feel like he's after attention more than anything else. But let's put that insufferable brat aside for now.

What's been preoccupying my thoughts lately is the undeniable growth of my feelings for Astoria, which according to Theo and Pansy, is becoming much more visible now. Even someone as oblivious as Blaise has caught me staring at her in multiple occasions. In just a month since the school year started, what initially felt like a tiny seedling of emotion has swiftly grown into a giant towering tree.

Astoria and I have been spending more and more time together, apart from the moments of connection when she's not engrossed with Pansy or when I'm not engaged with Theo and Blaise. Both of us usually end up sneaking away or excusing ourselves out when all five of us our hanging out together. There have been multiple times where we have planned hangouts for just the two of us, without anyone else. But of course, my three lovely friends can't leave me alone for a moment, especially Pansy.

Speaking of Pansy, ever since I confided in her about my feelings for Astoria, she's been relentless in urging me to confess my emotions before it's too late. The irony is thick, considering her own romantic entanglements with Blaise have yet to progress, despite them kissing and brushing it off as if it was nothing. It's all rather perplexing, and truthfully, I'm not one to succumb to the cliché approach of straightforwardly expressing feelings. After all, I am Draco Malfoy, and if I'm going to unveil my emotions, it has to be done with a certain flair and drama, or it simply isn't worth my time. And Astoria is worth my time.

Theo remains tight-lipped about the identity of his mysterious 'special someone,' and I've chosen not to press him on the matter. One of the reasons being his refreshing lack of persistent inquiries about my evolving relationship with Astoria. In a world where everyone just seems to have an opinion or question about my romantic entanglements, Theo stands as the sole support of saneness. Blaise, on the other hand, seems to be just as oblivious about my feelings for Astoria as his feelings for Pansy.

Hogwarts itself feels notably different this year. Oh, and did I mention that Viktor Krum has made an appearance? I happened to spot him not too long ago, when according to Astoria I was fangirling over him. Because, allegedly, screaming your idol's name on the top of your lungs and hoping that he makes any sort of contact with you is fangirling. Sure. The realization that a renowned Quidditch player is now within the maze-like halls of the school certainly adds an extra layer of intrigue. Naturally, I feel the need to make a lasting impression on him.

"Hello? Earth to Draco!" Theo's voice breaks through my thoughts, accompanied by four waving hands in front of my face. "Did I zone out again?" I ask, rubbing my dry eyes. Apparently, I had forgotten to blink, because my eyes were as dry as Theo's relationship. Sorry. "Yeah, big time! You missed the part where I said that Pansy and I kissed!" Blaise interjects, dramatically throwing his hands in the air, "Again?" I said, obviously still out of my mind, I looked over to Theo who was looking at me wide eyed. Oh no. I wasn't supposed to say that. Was I? "What do you mean again? Wait, she told you!?" Blaise's jaw dropped, shocked. Alright confirmed, I wasn't supposed to say that.

I glance at Theo, who's now rubbing his temples, his upper lip biting the lower, undoubtedly, he had been signaling me not to mention it. Unfortunately, I missed the cue, and now I'm in the thick of it. Both Blaise and Pansy would undoubtedly be furious with me. "I'm assuming you knew too. Come on!" Blaise leans back into his armchair as he crossed his arms, growing more and more irritated by the minute. Usually, when Blaise gets angry with me, I roll my eyes at him and tell him to shut up, but right now, this matter involves Pansy. Which means, my life is at stake. "She didn't tell us!" I blurt out, trying to cover up my mistake. I look over to Theo for support, and thankfully, he, unlike me, caught my signal and tried to assist me with this.

"Yeah, she was telling Astoria! You know how girls tell each other everything! We just overheard; we didn't know if it was true or not," Theo explains. Great, now Astoria is unintentionally involved in this. I glance at Blaise, who squints his eyes and crosses his arms. After a tense moment, he relents with a simple "Alright." Both Theo and I exhale sighs of relief. Who am I kidding? What were we even worried about; this is Blaise! Even if we told him that a little talking bird told us, he would believe us.

"Anyways, what about you and Astoria?" Blaise changes the topic. I groan at the question, "We're friends, for now," I respond, downplaying the complexities of our evolving relationship. The air hangs heavy with unspoken questions, and despite avoiding one potential explosion, we find ourselves on the brink of another uncertain narrative. I watched as Blaise's jaw dropped. What now?