𝘁𝘄𝗼: 𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮-
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

All my hopes of trying to make friends were shattered when I witnessed Draco Malfoy, the arrogant and proud pureblood that I often saw at the pureblood parties, getting rejected in his attempt to befriend Harry Potter. Yes, I happened to be in the same year as the famous Harry Potter. If someone like Draco Malfoy could face rejection, why couldn't I?

During the sorting ceremony, Harry Potter got placed in Gryffindor and happily joined his red-haired friend, Ronald Weasley, was his name, I think. Draco Malfoy, on the other hand, was swiftly sorted into Slytherin. When my name was called, I approached the stool, hoping to get sorted into Slytherin. I closed my eyes momentarily, not wanting to make eye contact, but then remembered Michael. Opening my eyes, I found him at the Slytherin table, offering a warm smile and a nod. "Hmm, another pureblood. Now, where should I put you?" pondered the Sorting Hat. Repeating Slytherin in my mind, I anxiously awaited its decision. "Slytherin? I see, well, you do fit. If you'd like, SLYTHERIN!" the hat declared. I sighed in relief as the stern-looking lady removed the hat, and I made my way to the Slytherin table.

My first year unfolded just as I desired, I kept to myself, focusing on my studies. For the first term, I achieved Outstanding grades in Astronomy, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, and Herbology. I received an Exceeds Expectations in History of Magic and Defense Against the Dark Arts.

However, the latter wasn't entirely my fault; understanding Professor Quirrell's stuttering proved to be a challenge. Besides, who cares about past events? They teach us about history and then tell us to move on. I didn't comprehend it, but I did understand that I needed a better grade to ease my mother's concerns. The only Acceptable I earned was in Flying. During Christmas break, I proudly showed my grades to my mom. As feared, she was disappointed with my lack of friends, but Michael reassured her, claiming everyone in my year was an arrogant brat.

On December 23rd, at 11:49 PM, I stared at the moon in my room. Glancing at the clock, I decided to go to bed. However, at 11:59, sleep eluded me. As the clock struck midnight, I was greeted with a chorus of "Happy Birthday!" My cousins, aunts, uncles, and Michael stood at my door, and my mom held a white and green birthday cake. She handed it to Michael, who walked over as she kissed my forehead, wishing me a happy birthday. Everyone circled my bed, and I couldn't believe they were wishing me at midnight for the first time. Jasmine revealed it was Michael's idea, and he explained he thought it would cheer me up. Grateful, I thanked them and blew out the candles. The celebration continued in my room, filled with laughter and chatter until 2 in the morning. After that heartwarming night, I no longer struggled to sleep, knowing my family would always be there for me.

The next morning at 8:00 AM, I found my mom and my eldest aunt sipping rose tea on the couch. The house elves were busy decorating the mansion for the upcoming festivities.

At 7:44 PM, I was in my room getting ready for my party. Debbie, Nicole, and Vicky sat outside, waiting for me. I tried on several dresses before settling on a dark green one that was tight at the top and flowed at the bottom, reaching my knee. At my 5'2" height, the dress didn't look inappropriate for an 11-year-old. Nicole enthusiastically approved, and for my naturally wavy hair, I simply just combed it.

My birthday was nothing short of amazing, and I had the most wonderful time. At 1:37 in the morning on Christmas Day, everyone was exhausted, and we concluded the party.As the holidays came to an end, it was time for me to board the train again. My focus shifted back to my studies, preparing for the upcoming end-of-year exams throughout the second term.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

updated this one as well, might as well update the entire book. haha.
-michi