𝗼𝗻𝗲: 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮-
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Receiving a Hogwarts letter is typically a cause for joy for most people. However, for me, it didn't elicit the same excitement. It's not that I didn't want to go; it's just that I'm not the most social person, and making friends has always been a challenge for me. My older brother, Michael, never struggled in that department. He offered to guide me during my first year, but with him starting his fifth year now, I'll only have his support until my third year. Hopefully, I'll manage to make some friends by then.

I didn't particularly care about which house I would be sorted into. I come from the Greengrass family, one of the "Sacred Twenty-Eight," and all my family members have been in Slytherin. So, it's likely that I'll be placed there too. I think.

My father passed away when I was just a baby, and strangely, there aren't any pictures of us together. While most parents capture moments with their newborns, and my father did so with Michael, but not with me. But then again, I'm just 10 years old, I shouldn't think about it so much, and I haven't even turned 11 yet.

My birthday falls on the 24th of December, Christmas Eve. Every year, my cousins gather for a week to celebrate Christmas, and sometimes I visit their houses too. With my mom having a large family, I get to spend time with my cousins regularly. The Greengrass Mansion hosts a grand party every year, followed by an extravagant Christmas celebration.

Despite my mother being wealthy, her demanding job keeps her away from home most of the time. She makes an effort to be with us on Sundays, but otherwise, she leaves before I wake up and returns when I'm either asleep or pretending to be. I've been alone since the age of 7, with Michael in school and Mom at work. Even with 15 house elves around, I'd often find myself with nothing to do. When they noticed me doing too much, they'd usher me back to my room, where I'd read muggle books that my mother didn't mind buying for me.

Both Michael and my mother were concerned about my lack of friends, and they worried that I might struggle to make some at Hogwarts. I'm worried too, but I didn't know how to overcome it. They advised me to talk to people, find common interests, but talking to people, that's my greatest fear. My cousins insisted that I was fun to talk to, but my shyness often overshadowed that fact.

I come from a large family with four aunts and three uncles, and that means I have a lot of cousins—13, to be precise. Including Michael and me, we make a total of 15. Olivia is the oldest at 24, followed by Jasmine at 21, my personal favorite. Zach and Lizzie are 17, not twins, and have different parents. Then there's Michael, who turned 15 in May, followed by Amethyst, Crystal, Ruby, and Sapphire, who are 13 and quadruplets. Kevin and Justin are 12, and Nicole is 11. Finally, Debbie and Vicky are 10, older than me because their birthdays are in November and September.

As the day to leave for Hogwarts approached, I felt like crying. I didn't know how I would fit in, and I decided that I would stay quiet, focus on my studies, and let the year pass by.

Getting up from my bed, I straightened my sheets. Did I mention that I'm a Capricorn who hates messy things? I walked to my bay window, facing The Malfoy Manor, barely visible unless you squinted. Black clouds were forming in the sky, indicating an imminent rain. I loved the rain. Watching a droplet trail down my window like a tear, I slowly opened it and extended my hand. As the rain intensified, a smile spread across my face, accompanied by the cool breeze. Sitting there, I let the rain wash away my worries, and the cold wind relaxed my body. Retrieving a green pillow that matched my pajamas and room color scheme, I hugged it close to my chest as I admired the water pouring down.

-𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼-
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I was ecstatic about the opportunity to attend Hogwarts. However, my excitement waned as the clouds covered the moon. I detested rain; to me, it dampened my spirits, much like my parents who rarely showed any affection towards me, or each other. At this point, I didn't even care. Watching the rain create sad patterns on my window, I sighed and climbed under my sheets, trying to ignore the thunder that terrified me, and closed my eyes. I just hoped and prayed that I would be sorted into Slytherin because if not, my parents might disown me, or worse, speak to me even lesser than they already did.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

hey guys, i hope you liked this one. i edited it completely including the layout, design, theme and even a little bit of the cover. my writing style changed a little bit and now i'm kinda proud of it. so. yeah. thank you for giving a chance to this book!- michi