𝘁𝗲𝗻: 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

-𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮-
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

For the very first time in my life, I looked forward to boarding the Hogwarts train, knowing I would have companions to converse with during the journey. There was a distinct feeling in the air, but it wasn't my own happiness or anticipation for the school year.

It was Michael.

He was present, but his purpose was to see me off, not to join me on the train. It's not common for siblings to be emotional about not attending school together, and I wasn't either, but I felt a sense of disappointment. He had shielded me for three years, and now that protective presence was absent. I exchanged a goodbye hug with him, even though we'd reunite in about three and a half months.

Boarding the train, I sought out an empty seat, or not. "Tori! Over here!" Pansy's voice reached me, making me wonder how she managed to locate me even in the bustling crowd. "Hey," I greeted, taking a seat beside her, "You're early," I observed, realizing she was the first one from our group to arrive. "I honestly have no idea how, though I did spot Theo somewhere in the crowd; I don't know where he disappeared to," she said, scanning the surroundings to see if anyone else had arrived.

"Anyways! I have to ask you something," she said, suddenly adopting a serious tone. "Okay... what?" I responded, perplexed. "What are your feelings about Draco?" I understood her line of inquiry; she wanted to know if I had an interest in him. I gave her a knowing look, and I saw her expression change.

"Fine, I was just curious if you have feelings for him. Obviously, you were already aware," she sighed. "I mean, if it's that obvious," I whispered almost inaudibly. Her face brightened almost instantly. "You do like him!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Don't tell him!" I urged her, attempting to hush her down. "I won't, I promise!" she assured me.

"Hey," a familiar voice called out, "There you are! Where did you vanish to?" Pansy inquired. "Hey, Theo," I greeted as Theo took a seat opposite us, "Hey, and what?" he replied, addressing both Pansy and me. "I saw you at the station when I was getting on the train, and then you completely disappeared!" she recounted the incident she had told me about just five minutes ago.

"Oh, I didn't see you; I met someone I know and was talking to them," he explained, his tone indicating he was being cautious not to reveal too much. While he might have fooled Draco and Blaise, Pansy and I weren't so easily deceived. We exchanged a knowing glance before refocusing on him.

"Alright, who's this 'someone'?" Pansy inquired without hesitation. "A friend, I think, yeah, a friend," he replied. These boys, I thought, shaking my head. "Come on, Theo, we both know they're not just a friend," Pansy prodded as she got up and sat next to him, playfully nudging his shoulder. "Okay, they're someone special, but I won't tell you who. You always make a big deal out of it," he conceded, then added, "Not you, Tori," with a smile. "How rude!" Pansy exclaimed dramatically. "I told you about Blaise and me," she attempted to use that as leverage to coax the information out of him. "Yes, but there's a right time for everything," Theo replied. "You're getting 'theo'retical again," Pansy remarked, "this is emotional stuff."

"Well, you know how I am," he responded. "Are you and Blaise still unofficial?" he asked. "Yeah, I don't know what we are, honestly," Pansy admitted. In  that moment, Draco entered the scene, sporting his typical all-black attire. "Hey," he greeted, taking a seat beside me. "Hi," I responded. "What are we talking about?" he inquired, removing his coat and placing it next to him.

"Pansy and Blaise are still unofficial!"
"Theo has a special someone!"

Both of them blurted out simultaneously, although Theo's announcement was significantly louder and clearer. "You're still unofficial?" Draco directed his question to Pansy. It was evident that neither of them wanted to delve into the complexities of their unofficial relationships, but Pansy inadvertently became the focus of discussion.

Pansy sighed, shot a glare at Theo, and then spilled the beans. "Yes, maybe, I don't know! I'm very confused. After the kiss, we saw each other a lot, and we definitely didn't act as if we were 'just friends,' but... neither of us asked the 'official making' question," she confessed. The three of us—myself, Draco, and Theo—sat in silence, jaws slightly agape, and locked onto Pansy. I had never been in a situation where a friend sought love advice, and Draco and Theo seemed equally clueless on how to handle a girl navigating a complicated relationship.

"Are you all just going to sit there in silence?" Pansy finally broke the stillness. "I don't know what to say! You've always been the emotional-wreck-handler," Draco attempted to justify his inability to offer advice. "That's because I was the only girl! But seriously, you guys have nothing?" Pansy expressed her disappointment.

"Well, there's no written rule that dictates a guy must be the one to pop the official question, so you can't place the entire blame on him," Theo reasoned. I could see why Pansy dubbed him 'Theo'retical. Pansy stared at him in shock. "But it's usually the guy who does it, which is why you're feeling uneasy about asking it. I suggest you maintain your composure for a little while, and if it doesn't happen, bring up the question and explain why it took you so long, or inquire why he was hesitant or something," I chimed in. Wow, I guess those Muggle books do teach you something.

Pansy gazed at me in complete astonishment. "I know, I'm surprised myself," I admitted to her. "No, not that, I'm just... that's great advice," she responded. "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Because Astoria did?" Theo chimed in with a playful tone. Pansy rolled her eyes and said,

"You're hilarious! "At that moment, Blaise finally located us, and our conversation came to an abrupt halt. "You guys have no idea how long it took me to find you," he commented, looking around before taking a seat next to Pansy. She seemed somewhat uncomfortable, but I shot her a reassuring 'don't worry, it's a good sign' look, and she responded with a small, genuine smile.

"So, what were you all talking about?" Blaise inquired. Oh no, what do we say now? "Theo has a special someone," Pansy blurted out hastily. "What!?" Blaise and Draco exclaimed. "Why are you so surprised? Didn't you already know?" Blaise asked, clearly suspicious. Draco hesitated briefly before saying, "It's just too shocking, I guess," his voice quivering as he hoped Blaise would buy his explanation. Blaise took a deep breath, leaned back, and playfully remarked, "Yeah, I guess it is!"

"You both are so cruel," Theo said dramatically. "Okay, but who is it?" Pansy inquired with enthusiasm. "Alright, I'll give you a hint: they're not from Slytherin," Theo replied in a hushed tone. "What the—" Draco began to protest, and I nudged him in the side. Our gazes met, and I subtly shook my head, signaling for him to remain quiet, to which he nodded. I turned my attention back to Theo, who was getting playfully shaken by Pansy.

Then, I glanced at Draco, only to find him still looking at me. He quickly averted his gaze, and I did the same, hoping that the three people across from us hadn't noticed any of this.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
so, i finally posted again. i'm thinking of making the chapters a bit longer, since the "background-how they met-intro" thing is over. usually they're of 1000-1200 words, maybe about 1800-2000 words. i don't know, should i? also, how are y'all finding this so far?
-michi