𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲: 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The Great Hall buzzed with activity, filled with the usual chaos of students gossiping, eating, talking, and laughing. Astoria began making her way to the Slytherin table, intending to join her brother as she usually did. However, her path was interrupted by another Slytherin student.
"Hey! Where are you going?" the girl asked, a friendly smile on her face. "Hey, Pansy. I was just heading to my brother," Astoria replied.

"You have a brother? Who?" Pansy inquired, glancing over at the seventh-year students. "Micheal," Astoria pointed out, indicating where her brother was laughing with his friends. "I see the resemblance." Pansy took a moment to scrutinize the girl in front of her. Astoria's dark hair flowed freely, and her eyes sparkled in an emerald green hue. She stood taller than Pansy, around 5'4 or 5'5. "Come sit with us!" Pansy enthusiastically offered. "Really? I thought it was just a one-time thing?" Astoria questioned.

"Yeah! I would love for you to join our group. I wouldn't have to hang out with just three idiotic boys all the time!" Pansy replied, grinning as she pulled Astoria along.

Astoria felt a bit bewildered. Pansy Parkinson was inviting her to join her group—the same group she initially thought was just the typical school bully clique but had turned out to be four surprisingly nice teenagers. She decided to go with it; they didn't harm her, and their focus was mainly on teasing Harry and his friends, the Gryffindors. Wasn't that a common Gryffindor vs. Slytherin dynamic?

"Hey," a voice that she once avoided, which sounded a lot like the blonde Draco, interrupted her thoughts. "Hi," she replied, looking at Draco, who wore a small, genuine smile. "Hi, Astoria," the other two boys, Blaise and Theo, greeted from the other side of the table. "Hey," she said.

"Astoria is now officially part of our group. Now I don't have to be the only girl," Pansy declared with a smug expression, as if she had won a competition. "Are you sure about that? I mean, we have Blaise!" Draco teased, prompting Blaise to slam his fork on his plate, causing laughter around the table. Astoria simply smiled.

"Sit down; why are you standing?" Draco directed the two girls, and they promptly took their seats on either side of him. Astoria glanced over at her brother, catching his eye, and exchanged a smile with him. He nodded before returning his attention to his friends.

"Who's that?" Draco asked, looking at Micheal. "My brother. He was probably checking on me to see if I'm okay," Astoria explained, glancing back at the blonde. "Oh, I didn't know," Draco said, furrowing his eyebrows. "Because you just met me a week ago," Astoria replied with a smile. "Well, then I need to get to know you better," Draco stated, returning the smile.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Oh my god! We should totally hang out during Christmas break. We can go shopping, have sleepovers!" Pansy exclaimed to Astoria as they walked to Divination. "I'd like that. You can come over to my house if yo-" Astoria offered, but Pansy interrupted with excitement, "Oh yes! Where do you live?" she asked, suddenly stopping in the middle of the corridor. "Draco said close to your house," Astoria replied. "Wait, the white mansion with the fairy-like entrance on the hill?" Pansy said, her eyes widening. "Yeah, that's the one," Astoria replied, smiling. She did have a beautiful house.

Pansy's jaw dropped, "That is the most beautiful house I've ever seen! I can't wait to come! Your room must be so pretty!" she said, starting to walk again. "It's very simple, but I think, yes, it's pretty," Astoria said, suddenly feeling homesick. She missed her mom's hugs all of a sudden. She smiled at the thought of being there soon; everyone would be celebrating her birthday and Christmas.

Her Birthday!

"You can see it on my birthday, I guess," she said, making Pansy stop again. "When. Is. Your. Birthday?" she asked very slowly. "24th December," Astoria replied, "Okay, I need to know your size in dresses, shirts, t-shirts, skirts, shorts, jeans, and rings, and I need to know your favorite color. Now," Pansy said, once again very slowly. "Okay, um, how about we get to class first and then I'll tell you at lunch," Astoria said as she pulled Pansy to Divination.

The day went anything but normal, at least for Astoria. Usually, she would stay alone most of the time, quietly paying attention to her classes, going back to her dorm, finishing off some work, and that was it. Today, and from now on, all her other days would have a squealing Pansy next to her all the time. She didn't mind; Pansy was quite entertaining, actually. Although the two girls only shared 3 out of 7 classes together, it felt like they had been together the entire time.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Okay, it's finally lunch. Now you can tell me every single thing about yourself," Pansy said as the two girls entered the Great Hall. "Wait, you still remember? I thought you'd probably forget," Astoria said. "I never forget gifts, so your favorite color is?" Pansy asked, sitting down. "Emerald, probably. I know people would call me weird for saying such an uncommon name," she replied, sitting down next to her.

"Actually, you're the first one I've ever met that actually knows that purple and violet aren't the same thing," Pansy said, laughing, while Astoria's jaw dropped. "Someone understands; my cousins usually tease me about it," she said, now laughing as well. "What are you guys laughing about?" Theo asked, as the three boys made their way to sit on the other side of the table, opposite to the girls. "You wouldn't understand," Pansy said, grinning at him. "Okay, they may not, but I will. What's so funny?" Draco said. "Okay, then, genius, what is the difference between purple and violet?" Pansy asked with a mischievous grin. "They're the same thing," he said. "Are you testing me?"

And once again, the two girls broke out into laughter.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

friends.
-michi