chapter nine

⋆✧—— ✧ *⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧——⋆✧

Mal and Ben's engagement party was held at the entrance of Auradon. Tala was standing outside Ben's bedroom door as she waited for the next few minutes.

"Ben hurry up, we're going to be late." Tala knocked with an annoyed tone. "Mal's already in the limo!"

Tala was wearing a beautiful white elegant dress as golden pattern spreads across the flowy part of the dress and a white flower crown on her head. 

Muffled yells from the other side of the door was heard before the door opened to a panting Ben. The crown on his head tilted slightly to the side.

"Alright let's go!" Ben sighs, walking past Tala but she grabs him by the collar and pulls him back. "What?"

Tala straightened up his collar and his crown before slapping his cheek lightly. "You looked like a mess." She pulled him forward to walk and together they went to the limo.

"Oh there they are" Evie said as she saw Tala walking to the corner of the platform. They played the trumpet as both Ben and Mal waved at the people, they all cheered before bowing.

"Lady Mal and I want to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today." Ben started "I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen. So...
Raise your glasses," they crowd all rises their glass with smiles. "To our future Queen of Auradon!"

"To our Queen of Auradon!"

"Speech, your Special-ness" Carlos shouted in a mimic Scottish accent.

"Speech, your fancy one" Jay then added with a deep voice which made everyone laugh.

Mal smiled down at them with a heavy thought that made Evie look at her concerned, "I can't." Mal spoke up, the people behind them gasp when she said that. "I can't be Queen of Auradon."

Ben and Mal turn to each other to talk privately before Mal turn back to the crowd in front of her. "We made a decision..." She paused. "To close the barrier forever. And it was my idea but it's wrong"

"I've learned... that you can't live in fear... because it doesn't actually protect you from anything" She sadly chuckled "You never know where the bad is gonna come from and you never know where the good are gonna come from either without Uma and her pirates, Auradon will be gone forever." She sighs, glancing at the island.

"And without Hades... My father...
Audrey would be gone." She started which made everyone gasp. "We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from and that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon, I have to be Queen of the Isle, too."

"And it's time that we take the barrier down forever." Ben let out.

"We can't do that." Adam spoke ip worriedly.

"It's up to us, dad." Ben glanced at him knowingly.

"I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!" Ben announced with wide smile.

"Yes! Wooo-hooo!" Carlos cheered out loudly making everything laughed.

"Fairy godmother?" Ben held out his hand for her wand. The woman smiled proudly at the duo before handing her wand over.