chapter four

⋆✧—— ✧ *⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧——⋆✧

Tala stood beside Jane at the Enchanted River, where Jane's birthday party is held. She helped arranged the decorations, foods, and presents. Carlos told her that he can handle the cake which she agrees.

"You sure your alright?" Jane asked, Tala rubbed her hands together with a nod, giving her a best smile she could make.

"I'm fine, J."

Jane was unsure but she could clearly see that her childhood friend is being uncomfortable with the questions, so she nods and went to count the presents.

Tala walked up close to the water and stared down, the sparkling water flowing around. A feeling in her stomach had been bothering her, a bad feeling that something bad will happen. Shaking her thoughts away she needs to focus on Jane's birthday.

"Look Chad, those people are taking pictures!" Jane exclaimed to Chad beside her. Chad immediately ran off to them leaving her chuckle.

"What's he going on about?" Tala asked with scoff as she stood beside her.

"Oh, nothing. It's that Carlos is being late and everything." Jane chuckles nervously.

"Jane it's alright. I bet they're gonna make it, something must've happened to the cake." Tala bumped her hips to hers. The bubbly girl let out a laugh.

Suddenly pink smoke began pouring around the area, Tala and Jane looked up at Audrey with Chad behind her. The girl gave them a evil smirk, Tala's eyes was fixed upon the crown and scepter.

"Happy birthday dear Janee~" Audrey sang. The smoke travels through the rocks and to people making them fell into a deep sleep.

Tala grabbed Jane's hand and guided her to the one of the pillars, hiding from Audrey's view.

"The enchanted lake." Jane said, glancing over at Tala with a small smile. Tala nodded as they made their way down the water. Tala felt power wave going through her veins. Brushing it off as the smoke went near them, holding their breath and went under.

For about three minutes they went back to surface, looking around for any signs of Audrey or pink smoke. They quickly went out the water to alert everyone. Jane went and to fill up a water spray from the lake.

Tala ranged Ben's phone and it was picked up on the third ring.

"Hello? T? I'm on my way."

"Ben no! Stay where you are! Audrey has the crown and scepter. I'm with Jane, I'll come and get you then we'll find Fairy Godmother to get her wand. Just stay where you are!"

Not giving the King a chance to speak, the girl hung up the phone as Jane approached her with two water sprays.

"Here." Jane had out the spray, Tala shook her head and went to the present table and grabbed one with a neat wrapping. Open it, a sword in a leather strap. She placed the sword on her hip and adjusted her dark blue dress.

"Let's go." Jane gave her a weird look which she caught on, "It's my gift for you but I'll use it for the meantime."

——

Walking in the woods for about and hour or so, Jane and Tala stayed alerted when a loud roar echoed through the woods. Tala recognized that familiar sound.

"Come on!" Tala grabbed Jane's hand and pulled her to running. They ran towards the roar as it got louder and closer.

"What are you doing!?" Jane panicked. "We cant just follow a dangerous roar!"

"I know that roar, it's either Ben or Adam!" Jane now recalls the moment at the boat where Ben unleashed a mighty roar.

They ran through a bush and saw a Beast in guard uniform. Jane stood on a bench and shoots the water toward his face. Tala stared at the Beast transforming to Ben.

"Jane!" Carlos's voice exclaimed. Tala finally got a good look at Carlos and Jay, not noticing the other two people.

"Carlos!"

The couple's embraced each other as Jay helped Ben down. Tala quickly went over to the King. "Your alive!" She exclaimed.

She punks his head with her fist, "I told you to stay put!" Ben groaned and rubbed his head to soothe the pain away.

"I'm glad to see you in one piece, T."

Tala hugged the King before pulling away as Jay pulled her in for a hug. "Good to see a familiar face."

Tala chuckles and nodded.

"Hey! It's Tala!" A voice exclaimed behind her. Turning her head and was met with blue icey eyes.

Her face lit up and she immediately ran to his arms. "Harry!" Hugging the pirate tightly as Harry let out a chuckle, caressing her hair as he hugs her back.

Tala felt her heart warm with having his arms around her— wait, Tala quickly pulled away and glanced over her shoulder to see Gil smiling at her.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Yeah, whose side are you on?"

Ben and Tala asked. Jay and Carlos waved them off.

"Details to follow, we meet back at Ev's with Mal and Uma." Jay stated, pulling Ben to walk.

"Uma?!" The duo glanced at Jay and Carlos with wide eyes.

"Details to follow." The others replied. Pushing them to walk. Harry walked behind Tala with Jay.

"Hey, thanks for saving me, gorgeous face." Harry smirked at Jay who rolled his eyes with a scoffs.

——