chapter two

⋆✧—— ✧ *⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧——⋆✧

Once they reached the Isle, they parked into the main area of the entrance of the Isle of the Lost. There awaited the four chosen ones and other children and adults to bid farewell to them and say a greeting to the Auradonians. Royal Gaurd Tala stepped onto the ground and began to wave to everyone, watching as a group of young girls and boys rushed up to her and hugged her legs. The group of kids were known around the Isle for practically worshiping Royal Guard because of not only her looks but her bravery and courage. Tala bent down and hugged the young kids, occupying herself by whispering to them that soon she will return for them.

"Alright boys." Jay began, going up to Squeaky and Squirmy, "Let's hit the road!"

"You're gonna see your dad soon, ok?"
Carlos comforted Squeaky when he noticed his reluctance, leading him inside the limo.

"Do you have everything?" Lady
Tremaine asked her granddaughter,
Dizzy, as she put her bags into the trunk.

"Yes, I have everything."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, Granny." Lady Tremaine rose a brow at her granddaughter before holding out a glue gun.

"Oh really?"

"My glue gun!" She exclaims, taking it from her.

"I don't know what you're going to do without me." Tremaine chimed, looking away from Dizzy. Dizzy looked at her grandmother before glancing over at Evie, who gave her a slight smile and a nod. Dizzy smiled at her grandmother before hugging her tightly.

"I'll miss you too. " She said before letting go of her. "Goodbye Granny!"
Dizzy then made her way inside the limo, smiling in excitement with Evie.

The next VK to step forward was Celia, daughter of Dr. Facilier. "Here, let me help you-!" Mal began, only for Celia to put her stuff in by herself. "Ok then."

"Ok!" Ben exclaimed, looking at Celia.
"Let's go and-!" Celia stared at him blankly before walking away in the middle of Ben's sentence. "—do this."

Tala and Ben stared at each other in disbelief, "She's much worser than M!"

Mal chuckled at Celia giving Ben the cold shoulder before kissing his cheek, the two heading inside the limo with Tala behind.

Tala waved at the young kids and adults as she walks to front of the limo before getting inside.

"So as soon as you get to Auradon, you have to try ice-cream!" Evie suggested to Dizzy, smiling at the younger girl's enthusiasm.

"And go swimming?"

"Of course, I'lI take you the Enchanted Lake myself!" Dizzy squealed, holding
Evie's hands.

"I can't believe I get to live with you in your very own castle!"

"It's just a little starter castle "

Carlos smiled as he handed Squeaky a piece of chocolate. Squeaky took it, looking at Carlos in hesitation, before taking a bite. After chewing it, he smiled, which made Carlos laugh. "I know! Please, help yourself." He chimed, patting Squeaky's back as the young boy dug into the chocolate.

Celia waved her deck of cards at the king, smirking at Ben. With careful
consideration, Ben picked a card near the middle, Celia putting the other's back. She then held out her hand for Ben's card, Ben placing it gently in her hand before she closed her eyes, starting to read it. "You're going to be a wise and brave king." She said, showing him his card.

"He already is." Mal hummed, smiling at her now fiancé.

"See. The cards never lie." She then held out her hand, raising her brow as she waited for her fee. Ben nodded in realization after a second before grabbing his wallet, handing the girl five dollars. She smirked as she stared at it before shoving it in her pocket.

Eventually, the limo started driving through the barrier. The VK's smiled, looking towards the back window as they waved at everyone they were leaving behind.

Suddenly, a tall figure pushed through the crowds. People screamed, in a hurry to get out of the blue-haired man's way.
Right as the barrier started to close he put his hand through it, the barrier being blocked from closing.

"It's Hades!" Evie exclaimed. "Stop the car! He's trying to escape." The limo came to a halt as everyone piled out. By now, Hades had managed to put his head through, widening his opening.

"I am a god!" He screamed, his hair igniting in blue flames. "I don't belong here!" Ben, Jay, and Carlos started running towards him, only to be stopped as Hades shot them down with his ember.

"Guys!" Tala rushed forward as Hades turned to zap his ember at her but she quickly pulled her sword out and used it as a shield.

The force hits the blade and went back to Hades but he dodged it. His eyes widened in recognition of the sword. The blade glowed a bright blue, Tala stares down at it in awe and shock. Hades took the opportunity of her being distracted and sent a powerful zap at her, hitting her chest as she flew back to Jay who caught her before she hits the ground, knocking her out cold.

Mal gasped in anger and shocked before her eyes turned green, a thick dust of lavender smoke circling her as she transformed from a normal looking girl to a dark-colored dragon.

The dragon flapped her wings, Hades staring at her in astonishment before shooting his powers at Mal, who shrieked in surprise.

From Auradon, the crowd of peers could only watch as Mal and Hades battles it out. "Do not panic, remain calm!" Fairy Godmother said, laughing awkwardly into the microphone. Bell and Beast looked at each other in worried before their eyes were back on the big screen.

"There's your precious queen, she can't even protect us!" Audrey screamed. "He almost killed Tala!"

"Ok everyone, we're panicking! Bippidi-boppidi-run!" Fairy Godnother exclaimed, being escorted off stage as the crowd started running to safety.

"C'mon Mal! Blast him!" Jay shouted, holding the girl close to him.

Mal let out a loud roar and blew harsh winds at Hades, eventually causing him to be pushed back into the Isle.

Mal landed on the limousine before she limped off with Evie and Ben's help.

"Are you okay?" Evie asked worriedly, Mal stared at Hades with tears in her eyes as she felt pain around her body.

"No, he was draining my magic with that ember and I felt all it slipped away." She sobs, Ben held her close in comfort. They glared at Hades who was giving them the stank eye and a smirk.

"It's okay your safe, he's back to where he belongs." Evie said, watching Hades retreating as the the people ran away in fear.

"Guys! Tala won't wake up!" Carlos exclaimed, he was kneeling beside Jay trying to wake her up but couldn't.

"Take her inside." Ben told Evie, Mal slowly turned to her best friend and went in the limo.

Ben kneeled down next to Carlos, attempting to wake her up. With many shaking and calling her name, she was out cold.

"We have to get her to the pod." Ben muttered, he took Tala in his arms and carried her bride style. Jay ran to the driver side as Carlos hopped inside after Ben laid Tala in.

Mal had the girl's head on her lap, she carefully brushed a stand of her hair away from her sleeping face. Feeling guilty in her heart. Tala's breathing was slow and steady, her heart beating instantly. Mal tried to figure out a way to get her to wake up as they drove away from the island.

——