Repairs and Maintenance

Just like a human, a device needed to be cared for when sick. Devices could be infected with viruses, bugs and glitches not to mention malware and risky spam notifications. Danny new how to take care of a sick device.

Himself, that was different. Danny had never felt this sick before. To make matters worse it was probably from buildup. He couldn't use his powers so it was storing up energy that was only released when he vomited.

The reason he couldn't use his powers was simple. He had accidentally electrocuted himself while fixing a plug, shorting out his powers.

Now he has to make it back to his apartment before he threw up some more toxic green juice all over Gothams sticky sidewalks.

He trudged along feeling sickly and nauseous. He made it back to Crime Alley before the feeling overcame him.

Danny needed to throw up, his body wasn't waiting until he got back to his apartment.

Suddenly a guy pinned him against the wall and held a knife to his throat. Two other guys stood near.

"Money, now!"

Danny stared at him half out of it because of the nausea.

Suddenly Danny's eyes widened and spilled his guts all over his attackers shoe.

"OH WHAT THE FUCK???!!?" the guy shouted.

The two guys took a step back. One of the side guys handed knife guy a water bottle which he preferred to dump all over his shoe.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you for that" the guy said throwing the bottle and lunging with the knife.

Someone stopped knife guy at the last minute and proceeded to take out the other two. In the process one of the guys knocked off Red Hoods helmet and it feels to the ground, busting some parts.

Red Hoods face was still covered by the black cloth mask he wore under the helmet. It helped with the sweaty feeling the mask gave him, this way all he had to do was wash the black mask instead of cleaning the helmet.

Danny picked up the helmet and examined it.

"I can fix this" he said to none in particular.

"Really, sure then I'll pick it up tomorrow" Red Hood said causing Danny to jump. He hadn't thought anyone had heard him.

Danny looked at RedHood like he was stupid.

"But...what if I like, find out who you are, aren't you worried-"

"Nope!" He said cheerfully..

"See you later then" Red Hood said grabbing be three guys by their collars and dragging them away.

Danny took the mask to his apartment and set in on his desk. He peered at the helmet, he almost didn't want to touch it.

Slowly and carefully Danny began dissembling it, stripping it down to its wires.

None of the wires were damaged thank God, someone had thought enough thicken the casing for the wires.

The damaged part was the helmet itself, none of the mechanics were that fragile.

Just to make sure Danny put it on. The fan that circulated the air clicked and wouldn't start.

Danny took it off and started repairing the fan. The screen of the helmet was scratched but not cracked.

All Danny has to do was buff it out. The helmet didn't event have a dent.

Danny set the helmet down and checked the time. His eyes bugged out when he saw that it was midnight.

Leaving the helmet, Danny retired for the night

Dick was woken up by a phone call around eleven pm.

"Hello?" He asked groggily.

"It's me, Jason. You won't believe what I did"

Dick sighed heavily.

"What mess did you make?" He asked already dreading the clean up.

"I gave my helmet to Danny"

Dick thought he heard wrong.

"What?"

"It was broken so I told him to fix it, I didn't tell my identity of course but he still has it"

"You trust him that much?"

"I felt something when I first met him, in the pits. I feel it every time he's around. He calms them somehow."

Dick sighed again.

"Want to meet up with him tomorrow and try to pry information from him?" Dick asked.

"...yes..."

Danny woke up the next morning to a text from Jason.

Want to grab coffee at the place?

Danny grinned stupidly as he replied.

Sure, how about nine?

While Danny waited for a reply he got dressed and fiddles with the helmet. It was all done now, he was just so bored.

*Ping

Danny couldn't grab his phone fast enough.

Sure, meet you there (;

Danny blushed. Jason sent a winky face, that was so, strange. But it made Danny strangely happy.

Guess Jason really likes coffee.

They met up at the same booth as last time.

"So I met Red Hood" Danny brought up.

"Yeah?"

Danny nodded.

"He wasn't what I expected him to be like"

"I expected more of a batman vibe but if gotta say whatever he got going on, it's suits him"

Danny talked with Jason for what seemed hours. The Danny checked the time and almost jumped out of the booth.

He had to hurry an visit Vlad and Dr. Ivy!

"Oh shoot! I have to go, I'm gonna be late. Text me again sometime alright"

Jason nodded but he still felt an unexplainable need to protect Danny. So in true bat-family fashion, he decided to tail Danny.

He followed him all the way to the villain rehab center.

"Why would Danny need to come here?" Jason muttered to himself.

Danny just kept doing things that made him seem so cryptic and it intrigued the pits in Jason to and overwhelming and almost alarming degree.

"What are you doing here Jason?" A familiar deep serious voice asked.

Bruce stood behind him with glaring eyes. Was Bruce trailing Danny too.

He had mentioned meeting Batman. Jason narrowed his eyes wondering what else Danny hadn't said yet.