Hiding in plain sight

Danny typed furiously into his laptop. He had an encrypted code and a jammed signal. He was practically untraceable.

Which made it all the more easy to hack into the GCPD's files and remove his "criminal record"

Technically they were going to do it anyway. They should be thanking him for doing their job for them!

Danny reviewed his file and smirked satisfied at the little amount of information.

Still, as helpful as it was to have a blank past, it would look suspicious if say, a certain vigilante were to start prying.

Danny filled in the missing details. He went from an orphan to a kid who had permission to live on his own in Gotham by the courts because of his "special learning requirements".

Some of these lies were sprung from truth. He DID get into Gotham Academy on scholarship, he just never attended. Nor did he plan too.

Danny caught a glimpse of himself in the reflection of his laptop. His digital identity wasn't the only thing that had changed.

Danny couldn't just walk into that rehab center looking like he had before. So using some highly illegal drugs from the ghost zone, non harmful drugs might I add. He was able to grow his hair out to the bottom if his neck which he kept fastened in a small ponytail.

His hair had been dyed red and he had drawn realistic brown freckles on his face.

His name wouldn't need to be changed because he just changed his previous name in the rehab centers database. That way, he could remain Danny Fenton.

All in all it had taken Danny four complete days to reconstruct his identity, during those days he stayed in his alcove, a small rented out space for himself. It was cheap and chilly but it worked.

Danny took one last look in the mirror before setting out for Gothams famed coffee shop and bakery. If he was going to reside in Gotham it was best he got acquainted with its most important businesses.

Despite Gotham being absolutely crime ridden Danny seemed to have no problems getting to the coffee shop/bakery.

Danny walked in elated at the comforting smell of coffee beans roasting. From his little side gig fixing people's electronics he made a good deal of money. Enough to survive at least.

Danny handed the guy working the counter the cost of coffee, six dollars.

Danny took his coffee and went over to a booth. He sipped his coffee as he began typing. He was trying to find more information on the dark knight.

If he was going to be hunted he at least wanted to know by who.

Nothing really seemed to be coming up. It was mostly just theories on who was under the mask. Nothing useful.

"Hey, mind if I sit here?" a voice asked. Danny looked up. A tall muscular guy was standing in front of the booths table.

Danny glanced around, there was nowhere else to sit, the place was packed.

"Sure" Danny said.

The guy smiled and took a seat.

"My name's Jason"

Danny shut his laptop and shook the guy hand. His eyes went wide when he felt a tingling sensation spread throughout his core.

Danny quickly drew his hand back.

"I'm Danny" he said staring at his hand and then at the guy.

"Sorry for invading your space, I've been working on something so I thought coming to a coffee shop would help me think, but-" he glanced around.