Y5 | The Benefits of Home Invasion

Dear Delia,

Our beautiful Delia. If you are reading this, we're sorry. We're sorry that we have left you alone to face a world that takes extraordinarily unique individuals and tarnishes their souls. We're sorry for not being able to journey down this road with you. But I know, and you know that you'll never truly be alone. You are a magnificent being that I only wish the world would understand. We never want you to take that mind of yours and throw it towards something hollow. You were the best of us and everyone in your orbit knows that. I hope time is kind to you. There's so much you're meant to do. I only wish we could be there to do it with you. When you were little, you would make us stargaze each night. You would drag us out of bed and onto the lofty meadow behind our home. Some days it would be raining and we couldn't see through the clouds and other nights, the sky would be so clear that we could see the reflections on each other's faces. I like to think we will always have those memories. Someday, we will have to watch the stars without you, but we know that one day you'll come and sit down next to us and the stars will shine on us once again.

This is your dream,

Mom and Dad.

It had been two months since Delia could truly remember what it was like to live for something.

Something had died inside of her that day and nothing came up to take its place.

Every day was a repeat of the one before it and her will was slowly becoming shallow.

She had been asked multiple times what happened that tragic night but it was almost as if they were asking her to relive her guilt.

No one had to ask her to do that.

She did it willingly, every single day.

On the night of the Donahue tragedy, Tina took Delia out of the fight against Grindelwald. She benched her and sent her back to Hogwarts. Tina stated that Delia was done with Grindelwald. But how could she be? A part of her would always remain with Grindelwald for the rest of her life.

It sickened Delia so much that it got bad.

Really bad.

Sometime on an October night, Delia found herself somewhere she shouldn't have been and her morbid thoughts were taking total control. She almost let them.

Greyson found her. It wasn't looking too good.

Ever since then, no one let Delia out of their sight.

She hadn't meant to scare anyone, but like always, she never told anyone anything until it was almost too late.

Time was shaping up to be the best remedy for a grief-stricken Delia. She had really good days and equally as many bad days.

Most days she would attempt to write again. Something that brought her so much joy at one time now just reminded her of all the misfortune she had brought upon herself. She would end up crying in Greyson's arms quickly afterward.

Greyson was more present than ever. He was there when she woke up and didn't leave her side till Vivienne assured him that she would make sure she would go to sleep.

Vivienne would stay up each night until she knew Delia was asleep and if there was anything said about her, she would be even quicker to shut that down. She even got Charlie Stryker to lay off.

Delia didn't hear much from Tina, Newt, or Jacob those days. Possibly because they knew it would remind her of how it all went wrong so fast. Tina did send letters but nothing that provided much scope for where there were.

"Still searching for Grindelwald." Printed on the back of a small postcard. At least Delia knew they were still around.

Ever since the Donahue tragedy, Grindelwald seemed to go underground. No one knew why, but Delia knew he was building up his army. It would just be a matter of when and where.