Y5 | Old, Judgmental Men: What's New?

Delia had received a disciplinary warning for a similar offense in the spring of her 4th year at Hogwarts but it did not require an in-person hearing with a behavioral council. She thought it to be a little excessive. After all, they were not going to lock her up in Azkaban for a few words printed on a newspaper.

Due to that fact, Delia never had a reason to enter the Ministry of Magic. Until now.

She thought to herself, "nothing good ever comes out of the Ministry. It's just some old building with grimy Ministry workers.."

She was so wrong.

To her surprise, the Ministry of Magic was quite vivid and lively. It moved with a sense of chaos. A good kind of chaos.

As Delia stepped out of one of the many fireplaces lining a ministry hallway, she was met with a certain buzz that raised her spirits a bit.

House elves pushed past her with a stack of papers so tall you could barely see their faces. Aurors rushed through the grand hallway as if running toward something urgent. A flock of letters with a Ministry seal flew overhead. Some salesman yelled towards the bustling crowd: "The Daily Prophet! Everything you need to stay up to date with the Wizarding World and More!"

If you asked her, she would deny it but she secretly enjoyed the business and commotion that the Ministry had in store. If it wasn't for "Flamboyant Fawley," Delia could envision being head of a sensible department. Of course not just any department, it had to be something worthwhile. Maybe even Minister of Magic. She could actually do some good for the wizarding community.

As she slipped into the crowd, she realized just how truly busy it was. Since it was Delia's first time entering such a place, she had no clue as to which direction she should be going.

"You need a map? Or are you going to ask for help cause clearly you have no idea where you're going and I clearly do." A voice spoke up from beside Delia.

"You only pretend to know everything, Willard." She retorted back to the familiar voice.

Greyson Willard, a tall but rather skinny boy, was a 5th year at Hogwarts alongside Delia.

His dirty blonde hair lay untouched and contrasted with his freckles and green eyes.

He was a sight for anyone to see. But Delia had her eyes shut.

"Right. Because no one can know more than the great incomparable Delia Donahue." Greyson said with great sarcasm

"I'm sorry." Delia turned to look at him sarcastically. "What is this? You get a bit older and all of a sudden you're doing all the talking."

"My lips are sealed." He pretended to shut his mouth.

"Great." Delia turned to walk away when Greyson felt the need to speak up again

"But you still don't know where you're going. Come on, fess up, why are you here? I know better than to see Delia Donahue rubbing shoulders with Ministry workers."

"Don't pretend you don't know." Delia started

"Oh, I know. I've been reading them all summer." Greyson finished her sentence before she could get another word out

"Then you must understand my opinion on this hearing today." Delia looked at him.

"Something along the lines of this hearing is being led by slow-witted wizards who could care less about the situation on the horizon." He mocked her tone of speaking "So, was that pretty close?"

"Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Let's go." Delia started walking away from Greyson.

As he led her to the elevators he picked up a paper from one of The Daily Prophet's sales stand.