Y5 | WWDD: What Would Delia Do?

"That's not the best start to a rescue attempt." Newt looked over towards Kama who still lay on the sewer floor, unconscious.

"This was a rescue attempt? You've just lost me my only lead!" Tina seemed tense with Newt but he just kept his friendly smile.

As Delia watched Jacob launch for the door in an attempt to knock it down she figured there had to be a better way to get out of there.

Tina and Newt were still caught up in some argument and Jacob was still throwing his entire body weight against the reinforced metal bars.

No one must have noticed but Delia slipped away and found Newt's suitcase in one corner of the room.

Quietly, she opened the case to find Pickett seemingly already waiting for her.

"We were thinking the exact same thing, huh?" As she reached one hand into the case, Pickett hopped onto her hand.

Jacob must've gotten dizzy after all his attempts to physically slam himself into the bars because he sat down quite wearily.

"Just going to... take a second... that's what I'm going to do." He sprawled out against a wall.

"Do your worst." With that, Delia let Pickett slip off her hand and onto the locked bars.

Behind her, Newt and Tina were still bickering.

"Well, how was the interrogation going before we turned up?" Newt said innocently to Tina who threw him an uninviting look and strode off to the back of the cave.

Delia and Pickett, who had gone unnoticed, had successfully swung the bars open and Delia quickly picked up all the wands Yusuf had stolen.

"Personally, I do not want to stay in these sewers all day so can we please get a move on?" Delia yelled back at the three adults as Pickett jumped onto her shoulder.

The three looked towards her in astonishment.

"Well?" Delia threw them their wands.

"I guess Dumbledore had some idea sending you on this trip." Newt said softly.

Jacob made a loud approving noise and clapped in surprise.

"Dumbledore?" Tina questioned Newt. "As in, Hogwarts?"

"Unfortunately." Delia didn't know how Tina felt about Dumbledore. "Delia Donahue. 5th year at Hogwarts."

She looked at Newt and Newt looked awkwardly around the room.

"Dumbledore sent me with...them." Delia motioned towards Newt and Jacob.

"She is quite brilliant." Jacob said pointing towards Delia.

"Well... I'm Tina." She spoke lightly and offered a kind smile to Delia.

"So, you need this man, you say?" Delia pushed him slightly with the edge of her shoe.

"Unfortunately, yes." She walked over to examine an unconscious Yusuf. "I think this man knows where Credence is."

"Credence. The obscurus?" Delia remembered that Credence lay intertwined with Grindelwald.

"You know about Credence?" Tina seemed surprised at the fact that Delia knew about him.

"Told you she's a genius." Jacob nodded with approval.

However, they were interrupted by an earth-shattering roar from somewhere above them.

Everyone peered up slowly in confusion.

"Well, that'll be the Zouwu." Newt grabbed his wand and stood up quickly. "Interested in learning how to capture one, Delia?"

"Presumptuous of you to think I don't already know how." Delia grabbed her wand and started off with determination.