𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

I finally see the landing strip; this hour was long but I'm happy to be back home. I forgot an important detail: she is in my house now. No more peacefulness, privacy and solitude.

Basically, bad news.

I get up, stretch out and put my shirt back in my pants because I'm disheveled.

My brother passes in front of me with an insane speed, I think he is happy to finally touch the ground even if it's only been one hour. He always overreacts and always have been this way. He gets that from mom, even if this is irritating sometimes, it's valuable and I don't blame him (most of the time). In return, sometimes he is stubborn and cold.

These are also my flaws, as well as my qualities, I get that from my father. But if there is something that Darius doesn't have, it's my impatience and my intermittent explosive disorder. My father used to tell me that my impulsiveness due to my anger was an illness but I never wanted to believe him. In my head that was just people, people who pushed me to my limits; like if they wanted to.

And finally, I still don't think that this is an illness. Certainly, my impulsiveness and my anger are hard to control, but I forbid everybody to say that this is a disease or that I'm crazy. That's simple, they'll die.

I didn't get anything from my mother except her eyes and this scar, on my left cheekbone, under my eye.

          FLASHBACK: January 2008, Rome 

I watch these little white dots fall, the ones I was impatient to see. The flakes fall thanks to their weight, although it is low, they settle everywhere: on trees, lampposts, roads and roofs. I was excited to see this white structure outside but I am disappointed because we didn't have snow on Christmas and the New Year.

I hurtle down the stairs to join mom, Darius and Ysis and dad isn't here, he is "working". My parents are Italian and we are too, but they didn't choose real Italian names; I don't know why. They preferred names with Latin or Roman roots.

Suddenly, I stop my long strides when I reach the bottom of the big stairs made of solid wood. They are drawing, without me, without asking me if I wanted to draw too.

-Mamma?

I wait few seconds for an answer.

-Sì, tesoro? She asks turning her head in my direction. Her dark hair flutter around when she turns.

-Can we...play outside with the snow? I ask playing with my finder instead of looking at her.

She smiles. Go grab your stuff. She says pointing the three of us.

We run to our bedroom, put something hot on and disorder our room upside down to find our ski suit.

I hope to be the first downstairs so I can have few minutes with my mom and so I can be the first one in the snow. I run to reach the stairs but I feel somebody pushing me to the wall.

Ysis.

-I'll be the first one, Cassetto. She said laughing and taunting at me. She may be 3 years older than me; she is mean and immature. She calls me "Cassetto" because there is Cas in the word.

-PUTTANA!

-Hey! Cas, watch your mouth! I hear my mom from downstairs.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I see my sister behind my mom smiling at me, a provocative smile. And my mom, looking at me like if I was the one to blame. Darius, the "calm one", is finally downstairs too.