𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙

∙ Alexya 

"The Hills" by The Weeknd resonates dully in the 3rd floor, the dim lights create a good atmosphere here.

I'm with Sofia, we finally decided to go to the casino and have fun playing and talking with people we don't know.

Sitting on a chair alone around a table a little isolated from the others with a glass of Amaretto Sour in my hand, I'm waiting for my friend while briefly observing the other tables. Everybody seem happy and some others don't seem but look drunk, that's funny to watch.

I don't know if Sofia fell into the arms of a guy but she takes a lot of time for somebody who went to get a drink. She must hurry because I almost finished mine.

-A little bird told me that you are alone, mой дорогой.

I turn my head and see a tall man. My eyes rise until they reach his eyes, just thanks to his accent I know who it is. I'm not unhappy to see him, he seems nice but the fact that he is always close to me since last time is weird; and moreover, it's only been 3 days that I know him.

-Actually, I'm not alone, I'm only waiting for my friend.

-Then, let me wait with you. He said taking a seat next to me.

I nod and smile softly while bringing my drink to my mouth and take a sip. I see that he is admiring me, I'm getting ready for him to say something to me.

I see alongside a man walking fast and joining another man at a table not far from ours. They are looking in my direction, that's unsettling.

-The dress you wore earlier was looking good on you. He moves forward to get closer to me. As amazing as this dress that you are wearing now.

I smile and he smiles in return, looking at me and now he turns a little bit his head and looks at the men still smiling but not the same way. My smile slowly fades because I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

His gaze returns to me.

-Do you know them? I know that I shouldn't ask this because I said that I would do everything by myself but my curiosity wins.

-Yes, briefly, I bumped into one of them earlier but I don't know why they were looking at us.

That's not true, and why? Because he was smiling and the two others weren't. They definitely know each other but not for this reason, what are you hiding, all of you?

-Wanna play poker? He asks me to change the subject showing a deck of cards.

His blue eyes are staring at me waiting for an answer. I didn't notice that they were that light, it's blue and almost grey even white.

-So? He asks again

-Hum, I'm sorry, yes why not. But I don't bet any money in this game. Oh my god so embarrassing, I stared like 5 seconds at his eyes, he will think that I want something whereas I don't want. I wanna leave this place.

-Oh, no problem and we don't have to. He opens the deck cards and allocates the cards.

I stop him.

-Add a bunch of cards for my friend, please. She is coming back.

He stops himself for few seconds, like if he didn't want to.

-Okay, let's do this.

I'm confused like I AM for real.

I see my friend coming back, my savior is here. She will take me out of this weird situation. I'm wary of him now, even of everybody. The proof that a little act can change everything, I began to be interested in him but it's over, I'm not interested for the same thing now; I will discover who you are.