.PART TWENTY.

Amal pov

It been three months now, usman has recovered from the surgery and had less bandages on his face.

But this three months has been really tough, Aisha's transfer to Dubai and khaleed hasn't been the same lately.

I asked him what was wrong but he refused to say anything.

"Amal?" Ameenah's voice came interrupting my thoughts.

"Ameenah!" I said jumping on her

But her facial expression gave a different answer. She looks sad, pale and everything. I couldn't resist but ask

"Amisco what's wrong with you" I expected a reply but she just looked at me and brust into tears.

"Ameenah, what's wrong, talk to me" I asked worried

"kha...leed snorbed me" she cried

"I thought you guys were dating already" I asked confused but her answer left me in shock.

"I wished" she said

"I don't get what do you mean you wish" I asked

"see Amal I don't have any strength to start explaining anything please give me panadol let me have some rest" she said while getting the water bottle

I was speechless at that instant 'so just this three weeks that I wasn't home a lot had happened' I murmured to myself.

'I wished' I found myself repeating, her few words were just circulating in my head.

I wanted to ask another question but I found her already sound asleep. I just stood up and and headed downstairs.

But then I overheard voices and the voice sounds like mom's, so I went to see for myself.

Upon arriving, I found fahad hugging Khaleed and mom was in tears, I was about to ask what was happening but then khaleed spoke.

"mom, she said we're goddamn siblings, why didn't you tell me anything earlier" Khaleed yelled

I was still confused trying to figure out what was really happening. But moms voice spoke

"Khaleed calm down and listen to me first, understand things before you freak out" her shaky voice said

The problem is when ever khaleed is angry, he looses control of himself. His a kind of person that hardly get angry or even to see him upset talkless of crying.

My mom cleared her throat and began

"you see, me and yasmin were best friends, we attended the same school together, the same tahfiz classes together. We lived as neighbors.

Our parents were great friends, my mom once lost a baby boy due to the baby's health issues. So I had no brother. Some time later after the lost, her sister died again and she left a young boy. I was 18 then. My mom always wanted me to have a brother so she decided to adopt him as her child.

And the child was Ahmad. He was 19 just one year older than me. Few weeks later Ahmad settled down in our home, he became part of the family. He joined us in school and even tahfiz classes. But the one thing my mom didn't know was that Ahmad was into intoxication.

He started skipping tahfiz classes and hanging out with his friends more. He threatened to kill my parents if I told them anything so I kept silent.

A week came where by yasmin got sick, her condition was worst that she couldn't go to school or tahfiz for two good weeks. So that was when everything every....thing happened" she said as more tears find their way but she continued

"I was left alone, going to school and tahfiz with Ahmad, one of those weeks, Ahmad didn't attend tahfiz but surprisingly I found him outside waiting for me. I was surprised but ignored everything. He said I should escort him to his friends house to get a book, which I agreed.

After a long walk we stopped at the front of an uncomfortableted building, I wanted to ask but he stopped me, he brought a knife out and said if I don't give myself to him he would kill me and bury me in that uncompleted building and no one would know.

I didn't agree with his threat so I decided to run, but no avail, he caught me.....and......forceful ra..ped me....and said I shouldn't tell anyone.

I was traumatized by what just happened to me but I had no option than to keep my mouth shut. I went back home really late and lied to my mom that I went to help a friend with an assignment.

One week later, I started feeling really sick I didn't inform my parents neither yasmin, I had to stop visiting her just not to make things obvious. I went to a pharmacy and complained but the nurse announced that I was one week pregnant. I didn't know what to do, I wanted to keep the baby so I decided to run away from my family which was the hardest decision I have ever made.

I went back home packed a little stuff and wrote a note to my parents that they shouldn't bother looking for me. I waited till midnight before leaving the house. I told Ahmad that he got me pregnant and I'm going to go take care of his baby and he should make sure he comes back to take the baby. I told him I was leaving to Suleja.

At that night I left Abuja. I went to Suleja, where I knew no one there. I didn't have any money with me to even find a place to sleep talkless of food to eat. And no one was willing to help. I met a nice woman who permitted me to at least be sleeping in front of her grocery store.

I was there for three days, no food no shelter no nothing. I thought I was going to die. One morning I woke up extremely weak, but then a voice called out my name I couldn't see the person but the thing that happened was that I collapsed.

The next morning I woke up in a hospital, and I saw yasmin beside me, I was happy at least someone I love was close to me. I narrated everything to her and she did something to me that I'll never ever forget in my life.

She found me an apartment and said she was going to stay with me till I gave birth. She worked really hard to earn money just to feed me and the baby.

Just one day she brought someone to me, the person that never judged me, the person that loved me from the bottom of his heart Abubakar, she told me that he was her boss and was willing to marry me no matter what had happened.

I was beyond grateful for him. months passed by and I gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and named him khaleed. At this point I didn't want to even set my eyes on Ahmad, I wanted to keep the baby with me for the rest of my life.

Abubakar advised that I should get married first then everything will be settled after. I was afraid to go back home and face my family. But to my surprise they didn't reject me they welcomed me and the marriage proposal whole heartedly but I still didn't dare tell them anything.

When everything settled down, we asked about Ahmad and to our surprise he had changed, he was shocked to see us but you could see guilt on his face, he called us privately and apologized for his bad deeds and was willing to take the baby but I refused. He then said he was willing to marry yasmin just to protect the secret more.

Yasmin happily accepted and we got married on the same day. Abubakar was really supportive, he decided to get both of us a brand new houses but unfortunately we couldn't find neighborhood so we had to live miles away from each other.

After marriage we adopted Fahad and brought back khaleed just to live a happy life. Months passed by and coincidentally me and yasmin got pregnant at same time and we both gave birth to baby girls. Which we made a promise to keep the friendship on going and make our daughters best friends.

You might ask who is yasmin and Ahmad. Yasmin is Ameenah's mom and Ahmad is Ameenah's dad.

We didn't think anything like this was going to happen, we didn't want to hurt you guys feelings. We loved y'all so much that hurting you guys will be the last on our list. That's why we didn't dare spilling anything out" she said the last word more like a whisper.

I didn't know when I stood up and embraced her. While khaleed was in total shock, he looked mentally and emotionally damaged.

Fahad stood up and helped Khaleed with a glass of water.

Finally updated!