Chapter 51: Unethical thoughts

Alec

Stroking my hand down Arabella's delicate hair, I held her close whilst she cried in her sleep. Even though she was better during the day, she still didn't stop crying at night like I thought she would. She didn't even know she would cry in her sleep, but I knew she was being tortured and plagued by her negative thoughts.

So I did all I could to comfort her. I had sought therapy, and I promised Hank I would stick with it. But in reality, Arabella was my therapy, she was my cure for all the pain in my life. 

Glancing down at my sleeping angel as she started whimpering in her sleep, I pressed my lips delicately on top of her head, gently shushing her until she quietened.

I had spent far too many days witnessing my girl crying for Leon. Even though she respected his decision to refuse treatment, I knew deep down she was heartbroken over his choice. And I knew all about her research. 

Like me, she too was in complete denial. And right now, I was willing to do everything to keep her happy 24/7. 

Even if that meant doing something totally unethical. 

And even though I knew Leon would kill me if he found out what I was thinking about, I really had no choice.

As well as her crying, Arabella was tugging at her hair in her sleep. I may not be a sleep expert, but she was clearly suffering from constant nightmares that were making her so stressed that she'd unconsciously pull at her hair like she was stressed.

Humming a soft song in her ear, I gently rested my hand on her tight grip which thankfully relaxed as she let out a light snore before rolling over and nuzzled her face in my chest.

Little to Leon's knowledge, I had also been doing my own research. I was in contact with one of the top private neurologists in the country. Naturally, I could not risk Leon finding out I was investigating behind his back, so I kept everything confidential.

But I had been focusing on secretly giving him medical intervention without his knowledge. 

Medication was widely available, even ones that were supposed to be prescription only. But I had my ways. I had contacts. I could get my hands on any medication, restricted or non-restricted. But I had to do my research first. 

I was normally respectful about lifestyle choices, but I was going to be selfish. 

Holding Arabella close, I stared up at the ceiling hoping I'd hear back from the neurologists I had spoken to. I needed things to happen and I needed them to happen now.

"Don't worry, doll. I am taking care of this" I whispered to her, smiling at the sound of her light snoring.

***************************

Following the YouTube video closely, I attempted to copy the dude step by step for making a breakfast fit for a queen. My queen. 

Out of the two of us, Leon was more of a cook than I was. I rarely ever cooked at home. And if Vera hadn't sent over healthy food, I would resort to microwavable crap. 

But Leon was still asleep, so I'd be the one to do the job instead.

Picking up the whisk, I beat the eggs aggressively before adding a little bit of milk at a time. 

Just as I put the bowl down, I felt a delicate hand smack against my ass.

Turning round in a flash, I pressed my lips together to conceal a laugh as Arabella lent back against the island counter with a smirk on her lips. 

"Damn, good morning" I chuckled, my cheeks turning a little pink at what had just happened. 

For the first time in my life, a girl just slapped my ass.