Chapter 25: Home

^ Any ideas?

Alec

Stroking my hand down Arabella's beautiful hair, I twirled the ends round my finger still resenting myself over everything that happened in the early hours of the morning. 

I hated myself for allowing her to see what she saw. I didn't know the door was open. I entrusted my men to do that after I woke up to a man staring through the window looking straight at Arabella.

I never meant to scare her, but it was the fear of losing her that drove me to near insanity.

When I saw him holding a knife, I lost all sense of being. All I knew was that I had to kill him and anyone who ever threatened to hurt my baby.

So when my men caught him, I had no other choice but to eradicate him.

I just wished she'd slept a little longer. I did not expect her to wake up. Usually a warm glass of milk before bed completely wipes her out, but not this time. 

Waiting for her to slowly come out of her drug induced sleep, I looked out the window of the moving car pleased with how things escalated after her near escape.

She was right, I fucking treated her like a prisoner. What was I thinking having my men chase after her. 

And I thought Leon was the selfish one out of us two. But I couldn't let her leave not with imminent threats. And as much as I essentially kidnapped her and forced her back with me, my heart wouldn't let me let her leave.

She was ours and I'd be damned to see her in the arms of another man.

Looking out at the beautiful isolated roads, I almost wanted to take some pictures for my baby to see. She'd love the view, but right now I had to focus on explaining everything to her once she woke up, for I knew she currently hated me and I couldn't have that.

Quickly looking down at the sound of Arabella whimpering, I picked her up and began stroking her hair to reassure her she was safe.

The effect of the drug was similar to that of general anaesthesia. 

"Shhh baby, it's okay. I'm right here. You're safe" I whispered to her as she cried in confusion. And poor baby, her head probably hurt from when she fell off the gate.

Staring at Arabella with worry, I felt my heart constrict as she opened her eyes and instantly started crying.

"Fuck, no baby, please don't cry" I stuttered out in a panic.

God, there was nothing I hated more than seeing and hearing her cry. She had done way too much of that already. 

Quickly lifting her up in my arms, I shushed her softly as she cried and whimpered in pain.

Grabbing at the medication I had already prepared, I handed her a glass of water with pain relief already dissolved in the liquid and encouraged her to drink the whole glass.

"This will help doll" I whispered to her as she started crying as she placed the now empty glass back in my hand.

"G-Get away" she cried, still probably fearing me after everything that happened.

Not wanting to push her too soon, I gently placed her on the car seat and covered her with a blanket before holding my hands up in surrender, but also a sign to show her that I wouldn't touch her.

Feeling myself being overcome with guilt for making her feel frightened, I sat myself as far away from her as possible and waited for her to calm down.

Clenching my jaw tightly as she realised she was in a moving car, she instantly reached for the door handle and attempted to pull in hopes of freeing herself. But the door was locked.