Chapter 7: Dinner under the stars

Arabella

"And of course, upon hearing of your arrival, the entire rooftop has been solely booked out for you and your guests. Please, sit and take a look at what you'd like".

I had only ever seen places like this on google when I fantasised about the life of the rich and famous. Of course, the only way I'd even live a life like that was if I won the lottery. But right now I wasn't sure if this was real or if it was a crazy vivid dream that I was lost in.

"Close your mouth doll, you'll swallow a fly".

Looking at Alec with nothing but pure embarrassment, I couldn't help the blush as he ran his finger along my chin whilst staring at my lips.

"Interesting fact, did you know that the average human will eat around 50 spiders in their sleep in their entire lifetime" I suddenly blurted out causing Alec to stare at me as if I had grown three heads.

"Where did you read that sweetheart? Wikipedia?" he laughed as he slowly guided me to our table while Leon was talking to the waiter.

"I don't remember, but could you imagine. I didn't sleep for 3 whole days after reading that" I shuddered as Alec sat me down and pushed my chair in for me.

"And I don't want you to ever go through that again. You, sweet girl need your sleep".

Ugh, the way he spoke. Most girls would surely put an end to the patronising tone or condescending words.

But I freaking love it.

I'm such a sicko.

Looking up at Leon who was walking towards us with a couple of menus in his hands, he placed them down on the table before seating himself opposite me. His eyes were stern, his demeanour dominant and gosh I felt so small under his watch.

Smiling appreciatively as I took the menu from his outstretched hand, I quickly placed it down and flicked through the pages looking at the extravagant words and pictures.

After what seemed like hours of stressful decision making, I looked up feeling two pairs of intense eyes staring at me.

"Have you decided on what you're having doll?" Alec smiled reassuringly, meanwhile Leon looked to be a little frustrated.

"Um, I'll just have some garlic bread, or better yet tap water. I mean, it's free and what's better than free" I rambled pathetically feeling immense pressure from their stern eyes watching me like a vulture watches their prey's every move.

"Did you not hear what I said, little girl! I'm treating you out to"-

Shivering at Leon's stern tone, I bit my lip as Alec suddenly stopped Leon by raising his hand up to him, glaring at him while Leon rolled his eyes.

"What he means to say sweetheart, is that money doesn't matter now we're here. Besides, there's nothing more satisfying than spoiling a beautiful, hardworking woman".

Feeling grateful for Alec stepping in, I nervously glanced at Leon to see him staring straight at me with a perplexed expression and one of frustration.

I know I'm annoying at times, but I didn't think I was that bad.

Realising they wouldn't accept my humble choice, I started flicking through the menu once again knowing I could now have anything I wanted. Of course, I wouldn't abuse the idea of them spoiling me to dinner, but it means I could perhaps indulge in the cuisine in the life of the rich and powerful.

"Okay, I know what I'd like" I smiled gratefully at Leon, hoping he'd stop looking so tense. And to my relief, he nodded at my words.

Fiddling with my fingers, I watched silently as Leon magically clicked his fingers and within seconds a waiter arrived next to him.