Chapter 34: Problem solving

Chapter not edited. Ignore any grammatical errors. Will edit later

Arabella

"What's going on?" Leon asked frantically as he placed the cups of coffee down on Alec's desk and hurried over to us.

"He's alright now, he just wasn't waking up. Seemed like he was having a bad dream" I rambled anxiously as I attempted to sit up and take a proper look at Alec, but with his tight and possessive hold on my waist, I didn't stand a chance.

"Good girl for letting me know. I will have a doctor come and assess you over, Alec" Leon muttered out as he handed me my hot chocolate before stroking his hand down the back of my head.

"I don't need a doctor, Leon. I am fine. It was just a bad dream" Alec scoffed, but if it was the other way round, he would fuss and faff over me. And no matter how many times I would try and refuse, he would persist. So it was time to get payback.

"Yes you do!" I pouted at him, my eyes moving to his forehead where beads of sweat could still be seen. 

"Scrap that. Arabella will be my personal nurse, isn't that right baby?" Alec smirked as he pulled me closer. 

"Well, um, I suppose I can try" I smiled innocently whilst staring at Alec who was looking back at me with a cheeky expression on his face.

"Glad to hear it. Now I want you to stay put while I go speak with Leon for a couple of minutes, okay?".

"What? But you just went through"-

"Are you going against Alec's orders, little girl?" Leon called out sternly, his dominant tone causing me to cower slightly whilst under the scrutiny of his intense eyes.

"Do you need a reminder of what happened when you tried to be the boss, hm?" he raised a brow, challenging me to speak out.

Truthfully I wanted to scream out a loud yes, but I knew now was not the time. Besides, I was pretty sore.

"Smart" he smirked before walking away with Alec slowly walking behind him.

"I will be two minutes, max. I promise" Alec whispered adorably before giving me a flirty wink and leaving to follow Leon.

Feeling a little uneasy, I kicked myself out of bed and quietly hurried over to the closed door to try and listen in on Alec and Leon's conversation. 

"If that's the case, I am not taking any chances. We will tighten security and keep her housebound until we can fully evaluate everything".

The tone in Leon's voice was a little frightening, but he also sounded scared.

I wonder how bad Alec's dream was.

Hearing a door slam shut, I quickly sprinted away from the bedroom door as fast as I could before jumping on the bed, desperate to seem as if I wasn't listening in on their private conversation.

Snuggling under the duvet, I sat up watching as Alec walked back in with sad expression on his face. But as his eyes connected with mine, he instantly smiled as if nothing was wrong.

"What's wrong?" I asked, crawling slowly to the side of the bed Alec was walking round to.

"Nothing doll" he smiled before pressing his lips on the top of my head.

Oh no you don't!

"Alec, don't lie" I frowned, unimpressed at him keeping his feelings hidden from me.

"I'm fine, baby" he lied again.

Huffing in frustration, I crossed my arms over my chest and turned away from him hating the fact that like a lot of men, kept his feelings bottled up.