⁰⁰⁸

Mike came back after his talk with Vanessa, he explained to me what he and Vanessa were talking about, he told her about his pills, his brother and how Abby lives with him now.

I got my security vest from our room and put it on before looking in the mirror, I looked at the top corner and stared there for a few minutes, looking at the picture of me and my sister from years ago.

"I wish I knew what happened to you Kate, you could've met Mike, you would've loved him" I said to the photo before checking the time, I left the room just as I noticed that it was almost time to go.

"Hey where's Max, normally she's here by now?" I asked as I put my hair up in a bun.

"I don't know, she's not answering her phone" Mike said.

"Well we can't leave Abby here by herself, as much as I trust her to behave and stay here, she's not old enough to be on her own" I said to Mike and he sighed looking at his sister.

"Get the things you'll need for sleeping, you're coming with us" Mike said and I looked at him as if he was mental.

"Mike are you serious! I don't want to bring her, you heard what Vanessa said about those kids in the 80s, and I especially don't like the idea of Abby being anywhere near those animatronics" I said and Mike shook his head.

"We haven't got any other choice, I'm not leaving her with my aunt and I'm not leaving Abby on her own, it'll be fine Grace, I promise" Mike said and I looked at Abby, nothing but doubt filling my mind, something was going to go wrong and I knew it.

We got in the car and I kept looking back at Abby, I could tell bringing her with us was a huge mistake but there's no going back now, her babysitter wasn't answering and both Mike and I need this job.

"We will work, and you will sleep, and under no circumstances are you gonna come out of our office. Do you understand?" Mike said just as we pulled into the parking lot of the building I hated so much.

"I understand" Abby said innocently to both Mike and I.

"This is not a vacation, okay? You're not here to have fun"

"Mike I think she gets the hint, besides, she's meant to be sleeping at this time of night so let's just get her in and settled so we can get on with our job" I said a little harsher than what I'd like but Mike still got the hint.

"Whoa, slow down, slow down, slow down" Mike said as Abby sprinted out of the car towards the building.

We opened the door and went inside the place, everything was damaged, whoever broke in broke almost everything, leaving the place a mess.

"Whoa. What happened?" Abby asked as she came next to me.

"Hold my hand Abby and be careful" I said as we walked to the security office.

Once we got there, I helped Abby set up a little tent for her to sleep in, I helped her place her pillows and her blanket inside and tucked her in before hanging a light next to her makeshift tent.

"Goodnight Abby, sweet dreams" I said before Mike spoke up.

"Do you want me to turn the light off?" Abby shook her head and smiled.

"Okay goodnight" Mike said and went to turn to go back to the cameras but stopped once Abby spoke.

"It's like camping" I noticed Mike standing there so I went up to him and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Let's just get on with our job, she doesn't know what happened Mike" I said and he nodded, going to go look at the camera while I kept looking between Abby and the monitors.