⁰¹¹

We got home after about half an hour, I took Abby inside and got her into bed considering it was only 2 in the morning and she didn't have school later on today.

I said goodnight to the girl and left her room, going to the kitchen area to get a glass of water before Mike spoke up.

"Grace, can we talk?" I looked at him.

"About?" I saw him glance down at the table before glancing back up at me.

"I'm sorry about what I said, I know what I said was wrong and I understand you're angry, I regret saying what I said and I promise you I will never ever say-"

"Mike, what you said hurt me but you were right, I wasn't able to protect Kate that day but that doesn't mean I can't try to protect Abby" I said as I turned around, looking at the photo of me and Kate from when we were younger.

"I'm sorry Grace, please forgive me?" Mike said as he came over and hugged me from behind, his head resting on my shoulder.

"Say something like that again during an argument and I will walk out that door and not come back" I said, feeling Mike kiss my neck after saying that.

"I love you Grace, I love you so much" Mike said, kissing my neck more, leaving trail of kisses up to my cheek.

"I love you too, what are we gonna do about Abby?" I asked, separating myself from Mike.

"I really don't have much choice, I'm gonna have to phone Aunt Jane"

"Mike no! Abby hates Jane! You can't do that!" I said as he went over to the phone.

"We don't have much choice Grace, we both work and have no one to look after her, I don't want to call her as much as you don't" Mike said as he picked up the phone and started dialing his Aunt Jane.

"Abby is going to hate us Mike" I mumbled as I sat next to him at the table.

"Hey, it's Mike and Grace, we need your help" I decided to leave, not wanting to hear the wretched woman's voice over the phone.

I went to mine and Mike's room, changing into my pajamas before looking at myself in the mirror, noticing the bags forming under my eyes from the lack of sleep I had been getting recently.

I looked at the top left corner of the mirror, there was a few photos of Mike and I from when we were in college and then a small but noticeable photo of me and Kate at the beach for the first time.

"I promise Kate, I will find the person who hurt you and make them pay for their actions" I whispered.

I was still thinking about everything that happened to Kate, from her playing in the park, to her going missing to her ending up in an animatronic at my new workplace, nothing made sense.

"Grace, are you okay?" Mike asked as he came behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, placing his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine, how was your talk with Aunt Jane?" I asked and he sighed.

"She said she'll come over at 8, she said she knew it wouldn't be too long till I came crawling to her for help" Mike mumbled and I shook my head, agitated my Jane's words.

"How dare she? She is such a-" Mike kissed me and I rolled my eyes but kissed him back.

"Let's just get some sleep, we're gonna need our energy to deal with Aunt Jane and Abby tomorrow" Mike said, bringing me over to the bed so I could just lay down and sleep.

"Abby is going to hate us for this Mike" I said as I laid down next to him, snuggling closer for warmth.

"We'll figure that out later, let's just get some rest, goodnight Grace" Mike whispered, kissing my head before falling asleep.