⁰⁰⁵

We arrived home, Mike and I got out the car and I rushed towards the house, excited to see Abby.

"Slow down Grace, Abby is still going to be there" Mike said as I waited for him to unlock the door.

"I know, I just missed her a lot" I said as the door was unlocked by Mike.

I walked in and saw Max asleep on the sofa, she soon woke up when she heard us enter the home, giving me and Mike a smile as she sat herself up.

"Hey" she said, I smiled and waved at her as I walked myself towards Abby's room to check on the girl.

I got to Abby's room and slowly and carefully opened the door, she was there on her bed asleep, I walked over and bent down so I was low enough to give her a kiss on her forehead before leaving her room quietly so I didn't wake her up.

"It's okay, I know where you live" Max said before saying goodbye to me and leaving the house.

"What was that about?" I asked Mike, he looked at me and smiled tiredly.

"I told Max that eventually I'd pay her for babysitting Abby" I nodded and went to sit on the armchair where Mike was, sitting on his lap.

"How's Abby?" He asked me.

"She's fine, still asleep so that's good" I replied and he nodded, cuddling me a bit.

"You can try getting some sleep if you want, I don't mind staying like this" Mike said and I smiled, snuggling into him.

I slowly started to drift off, Mike was playing with my hair, he knew that him doing that would help me sleep better.

"Hey I'm Mike" I looked up and saw a boy, no older than 17 standing in front of me.

"I'm Grace" I said, shaking the hand he held out in front of me.

"So what classes are you in?" Mike asked and I looked at him confused.

"Sorry but no offense, why are you talking to me? Did your friends dare you to do this cause if so, go away" I said, going to turn back my book.

"No, they don't know I'm talking to you actually, I just wanted to try being friends with you because you seemed lonely" Mike said before smiling at me.

That smile....

"I do biology, drama and dance" I told him and he nodded.

"What do you do?" I asked after an awkward silence.

"Biology, English and math" I smiled before looking at my watch.

"I gotta get to dance, don't wanna be late" I said and at the same time, both Mike and I stood up, coming face to face with each other.

"It was nice talking Grace, see you around?" I nodded and smiled at him before walking off.

"Hey Grace, did you sleep well?" I nodded and snuggled more into Mike causing him to laugh a bit.

"Come on love, it's one o'clock, we need to get up" Mike said but I shook my head before feeling someone sit on me.

"Hi Grace! Wanna come have a tea party with me and my friends?" Abby asked and I looked at the girl and nodded.

"Okay sure, give me a minute to get up though okay?" I said, getting up after she got off me so she could go get set up for her tea party.

"So what did you dream about?" Mike asked, causing me to smile and remember what I dreamed about.

"Us when we met for the first time when we were seventeen" I said and Mike looked at me, he looked embarrassed a bit.

"That was probably the one memory of us I remember being so disappointed with myself" Mike said and looked at him confused.