⁰¹⁰

After spending the day with Abby, it was time to get going to work, I helped Abby get her things together before we walked out of her room and went straight to the car.

"Are you and Mike okay?" Abby asked and I sighed looking back at her from my seat in the front of the car.

"Don't worry about us Abby, we'll be fine" I told her and she nodded, watching Mike come towards the car.

Mike started driving us to the place, it was silent, as much as I wanted to talk to Mike, I was still hurt by what he said about Kate.

"Abby, when we get there no wondering off anywhere unless you have mine or Grace's permission-"

"Mike she knows this stuff already, you told her this at home at least ten times" I scolded him and he rolled his eyes and sighed.

We got to the place and as we got out of the car, I noticed a very familiar cop car was here, Vanessa was here already.

"Vanessa's here" Abby said before I could, Mike finally noticed and acknowledged the car in front of us.

"Yeah" Mike joined me and Abby as we looked at the cop car.

"My friends talk about her sometimes" Abby said and I looked at the little girl, how do they know Vanessa?

"What do they say?" Mike asked and Abby shrugged.

"That she's nice" Abby replied before looking at me with a smile.

"Abby, if I asked you to wait in the car, would you?" Mike asked before Abby shook her head and grabbed my hand.

"No" Abby replied as she dragged me to the building, giggling as she did.

"Abby, wait" Mike called out to his sister.

"She's fine Mike, I've got her" I said as me and Abby rushed into the building.

We went inside the building and went straight to the main stage, Abby walked past Vanessa and took us over to the animatronics after saying hello to her.

"Guys, I'm back" Abby said and the animatronics acknowledged her, almost like they were happy to see her.

Abby finally let go of me so I went over to Mike and Vanessa, I could tell she wasn't too pleased with us bringing Abby but she was trying her best to hide it.

"You knew about this" Mike stated, unconsciously grabbing my hand.

"Guess you figured it out" Vanessa said as she started walking around the place.

"That there's ghost children possessing those giant robots, thanks for telling us" I said as sarcasticly as possible.

"Guys, we need help" Abby said so us three walked over to her and saw that she had drawn a fort.

"It needs to be big so we can all fit inside" she told us and I smiled, I'm not sure how to feel about the animatronics but if Abby is happy then I'll be happy.

"I think it's a good idea" I said as I gave the girl a smile before her brother jumped in.

"Abby, look, now, this is all really fun and exciting, but these things are big, and they could be dangerous, so I think we need to lay some ground rules, all right? Vanessa, what do you think?" Mike said, looking at her for help.

"I think we could use the tables for the fort" Abby looked excited while Mike looked slightly defeated but gave in and started helping us get the things we need for the fort.

After some time, we had finished building the fort, I was laying on the ground next to Mike and he looked terrified as he layed next to the animatronics which made me giggle, I was still angry with him but seeing the look of fear on his face was funny.