Chapter Fifty-Seven

Author's Note: I listened to one song on repeat while writing this: Just a Man by Jorge Rivera-Herrans. Would 100% suggest listening to this while you read this. It...adds to the ambience. Also I almost cried.

Rhysand

Velaria collapsed again just as the shield came crashing down.

Rhysand was immediately moving, readying his power to strike Tamlin. He didn't know what Tamlin had done; they couldn't hear the conversation that Velaria and Tamlin were having. All that he could see was them discussing, then Velaria helping Tamlin up, and then him siphoning her power from her and Azriel immediately running to try and take down the shield with his own power until Feyre stopped him.

With Velaria down, he was now the most powerful fae here, and he certainly wouldn't Tamlin get in the way of him making sure that his sister stayed here, with him, with her family.

Attack Tamlin. As much as you can. You have all trained for this. Rhysand's command echoed across the minds of the present Inner Circle members. Feyre glanced at him, nodding before readying her own power to strike. A silent message passed through the mating bond as she moved.

Rhysand sent his power to the High Lords next, coaxing them to withdraw their shields. He sent them the same message, then sent it to Varian, Cresseida, and Elain. Either fight with us or don't, but I am going to save the person who saved us.

Tamlin barely had time to turn as an overwhelming amount of power knocked him backwards.

Waves of saltwater kept him from getting back up, just as fire snaked its way across the ground to yank on Tamlin's ankles and fuse him to the ground. Rhysand's darkness attacked Tamlin from all sides, just as echoing blue and red from Cassian and Azriel aided. Helion winnowed behind where Tamlin was now sitting, using his own power to enforce the bonds that Eris had created.

Thesan jumped over seats, sneaking away, out of sight of Tamlin, to move and heal Velaria.

The plan was working as all six High Lords focused their concentrated power on the remaining one of them.

He wasn't fighting back, Rhysand realized with a jolt. Had they successfully tied him down? He hadn't expected it to be this easy, seeing as Tamlin now wielded his power and Velaria's.

As Eris began to scream, Rhysand realized just why their plan wasn't working.

A tendril of black power made its way up the rope of flame that had been tying Tamlin down. Tamlin bared his teeth at Eris, winnowing directly out of the bonds and behind Eris.

Rhysand turned, ready to begin striking Tamlin again.

And then Eris's pained, panicked expression turned still.

Marigold screamed.

"You're all traitors," Tamlin spat, his hands, now with claws sprouting from the knuckles, digging into Eris's shoulders.

"Let him go." Lucien's voice was utterly cold.

Tamlin raised an eyebrow. "Look. It's the fox of no court come back to play," he snickered.

"Let him go, Tamlin," Rhysand said, taking a step towards them.

"I don't think so." Tamlin dug his claws further into Eris's flesh, but the High Lord didn't make a sound.

A Court of Dreams and Promiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें