Epilogue

After the victory of the warrior campaign against the Demon Realm, they returned to the empire with pride. Although they lost loved ones in the early years, they were able to bring honor to their families.

The King rewarded the warriors who participated in the war with a celebratory banquet at the palace, celebrating their victory and reuniting with their loved ones at the party. The announcement of the Brager Family's downfall began the main discussion as they have fallen from grace due to the heavy crimes, they have placed upon themselves.

After five long years, Lucien, Luminous, and Clarissa embraced their family with warmth and longing.

"I've missed you my brothers so much!" A ten-year-old Solana said, crying as she looked up at her two brothers, hugging each of their legs.

"We've missed you too, little angel." Lucien said raising her, "You've grown a lot." He complimented her, making the young girl smile brighter.

"And we all missed you as well." Lord Drake said, eyes beaming with joy at the sight of his two sons alive and well. "I'm proud of you two. Welcome home, my sons." He said,

"Dad." Clarissa embraced Orion tightly, tears of longing spilled from her eyes. She missed her father so much that it hurt to be away from him.

"Welcome home, my dear." Orion said and immediately noticed the crestfallen look on his daughter's face, knowing what needed to be discussed between them. "Let us talk someplace quiet." He suggested, excusing himself from the Pendragons and escorting his daughter somewhere to talk. The Pendragon Family respected their wishes and left them be for the time being.

Both father and daughter laid out what they know concerning their past and what transpired with Aura in the Brager Family. Aura and Orion never wanted Clarissa to know of what happened to them before she was born. But because both were driven to a corner, there was nothing they could do but start their lives new, and they were happy living together. It became better when Clarissa was born into their lives.

"Your mother and I never regretted having you." Orion said, looking at his daughter, "We ought to shield you from our troubles in the hopes that you would live a peaceful and fulfilling life. Yet little did we expect for the Brager Family to act so menacingly, especially towards your mother."

"Was Mom ever aware of the danger she placed herself in?" Clarissa asked, feeling depressed at the thought, "If she knew, why did she just let them do as they pleased? Her life was not worth such a sacrifice."

"I know dear." He gave his daughter a side embrace, comforting her in his warmth. "It wasn't easy for me as well, knowing I was useless in stopping your mother. She'd rather face the challenges in life rather than live with regret. She never regretted marrying me, having you, protecting the empire, or even leaving her family. Everything your mother did was for her own happiness that she gained on her own." Orion looked down at his daughter, to see the tears falling down her face. He gave a gentle smile and wiped away her tears. "Aura loved and adored you as our daughter, and you were the light she treasured most, knowing you can achieve greater heights than she did. I, too, believe that you have achieved much more than us. We are very proud of having a strong and beautiful daughter such as you, my Clarissa. Me and your mother love you dearly."

"Oh, Dad..." Clarissa embraced her father tight, clinging to him as all the warm affections she felt overflowed with joy. "I love you too. You and Mom. And I'm proud to have you guys as my parents. You two gave up so much and were always there for me. I can never ask for amazingly strong parents like you two."

As the father and daughter embraced each other, the Pendragon family watched from a safe distance, happy and moved at the sight in front of them.

"Clarissa definitely deserved what she has gained throughout her life. She's a very strong woman." Alexandra said, wiping a tear with her handkerchief along with two mothers.

"Indeed, Alex." Dawn said, "Faith certainly has a way of playing with our feelings. It seems she has found closure after Aura's passing."

"Agreed." Apollo nodded with a gentle smile and turned to his younger brother. "Now you better treat our future sister-in-law well, Lumen. She has enough trouble of her own." He lightly teases, making Luminous side glare at him.

Lucien laughed with Solana in his arms. "And here I thought the stone-cold dragon had defrosted after meeting the love of his life. Guess I was wrong." He said, adding fuel to the fire.

"Will you two keep your mouths shut?!" Luminous said through gritted teeth, but could not hide the fact of the tips of his turning red,

"Brother Lumen, be nice to sister Riz." Solana said firmly with her chest puffed out, "I don't want anyone else, she's the best one!" That just caused everyone to laugh at her statement, thinking it was adorable for her to say so.

"Still, I'm thrilled that you two are official and soon will be married." Estelle said, feeling ecstatic for her stepson,

Lord Drake chuckled, "I'm sure they'll take their time on wedding preparations. Let them be." He said,

"Thank you... Father." Luminous said with hesitancy, though surprised everyone who knew that it was the first time he had addressed Lord Drake as his father. "I appreciate you supporting us, and I'm willing to give you a second chance. The credit goes to Clarissa for having me take the initiative."

Drake simply felt an overwhelming joy to be finally called 'father' by his youngest son. Although their relationship was far from perfect, he knew that with the time they had, they could finally mend the rift between them.

"I'm glad to hear that son. Thank you for giving me this chance to be your father again." He said as the two men embraced, which felt like the first time as everyone around them was happy to see both father and son reconcile with each other.

Years Pass...

"Try not to strain yourselves and steady your stances." Clarissa said to the two children in front of her, taking basic sword lessons in preparation for choosing their courses in the Academy.

"Yes Ma'am!" The two children said with determination as they swung their swords efficiently.

After a few minutes they took a small break.

"Do your arms hurt after that?" Clarissa asked them, sitting on the soft grass,

"A little, but I can handle it. I'm a man like father." The young boy said with confidence,

"Me too. I'm strong too like you." The little girl said.

Clarissa smiled down at her little young Hybrid twins, knowing that one day they would surpass her and their father.

"Truthfully, I don't mind if you two want to be warriors like me and your dad." She said to her kids, "But Ferdinand, Celeste, I want you two to grow up being happy with the life you make for yourselves. That's my and Luminous's wish for you two. To grow up happy." Clarissa smiled at her children,

"Mother, we're already happy because we're here with you." Ferdinand said, scooting closer to her with his sister on the other side,

"Uh-huh. We want to stay here with you and father." Celeste said with a bright smile,

"I see you three getting cozy without me." Luminous's voice caught their attention as they saw him walking towards them with a warm and gentle smile.

"Father!" Celeste immediately ran up to her father as she was hoisted up in his arms.

"Did you learn a lot from your mother?" Luminous asked his little girl, approaching his wife and sat down next to her and their son,

"They still have a bunch of energy in them." Clarissa mused,

"Well, they take after you the most." He said as the family enjoyed their peaceful time like nothing else mattered just as long as they were together.

The End