Chapter 11

WARNING: The usage of strong language and violence is highly presented in this chapter.

After declaring the duel before the Warriors, Clarissa has no intention of backing down from the fight. It was now early morning, as everyone watched the upcoming duel between the two warriors.

"He just signed his death wish." Gunter said in a monotone, with Virgil nodding in agreement.

"Care to explain further?" Luminous asked, knowing that Gunter grew up alongside his rider in their Academy days.

Gunter gave a side glance before turning back to his friend. "What Alfonso was about to say is what drove her to lose her cool. You could say it's taboo." He said,

"Taboo?"

"It's an incident that involves Riz's mom, Romana." Gunter said with a grim look. "She was executed for a crime and affair she didn't commit."

"Everyone around Clarissa knows this. Mrs. Romana is a bodyguard in the Brager House, for she rarely sees her family." Virgil said, looking saddened,

"Hold on... You don't mean..." Apollo hesitated to say the specifics, but it was known in the capital.

"The Brager House Affair. Yeah, Clarissa's mom was roped into it." Gunter said, looking at the two Pendragon Brothers, "She was used as a scapegoat and was accused despite having nothing to do with the incident. But because the Brager Family are of the Middle Class of Nobility and she is married to a Commoner family, Miss Aura doesn't have much power over her status."

"What is her maiden name? It couldn't be Aura Mckenna, The Golden Breeze, right?" Apollo asked,

"One of the strongest female Paladin that was born in this City and was from the Upper-Class Nobility. Yeah, that's Clarissa's mother all right." Virgil confirmed, "Although famous, many surprisingly don't know she's married and has a daughter. We learned from Mr. Romana that the Mckenna Family severed ties with her for marrying him, a commoner."

Aura Mckenna is the only daughter of the Mckenna Family, standing as Upper Nobles. She was gifted with a powerful magic capacity that exceeded her entire family, mainly due to her attaining the closest power to the Wind Spirit, one of the four most potent elemental Spirits that existed alongside Humans during the ancient war.

"Who would have guessed..." Apollo said as he stared at Clarissa in disbelief. He admired the Golden Breeze as a child, and never thought he would be meeting her descendant.

Luminous stared at Clarissa with his stone expression, knowing there was more to her than meets the eyes. However, this duel between knights will reveal a part she inherited from her mother. He could only pray at the sides, hoping that Clarissa's magic wouldn't consume her to the point of destroying her own body.

'Be cautious and keep your emotions in check, Clarissa. The more it fluctuates, the higher chance it will slowly destroy you from within.' Luminous said in his thoughts as both knights took their positions.

"Well, Sir Alfonso. I'm waiting for your strike." Clarissa said to her opponent with contempt as she gripped her sword, focusing on keeping her magic from raging.

Albeit afraid, Alfonso refused to have his pride be trampled again in a Knights duel. Especially when his adversary is a Commoner woman.

"Don't be so cocky, you peasant!" Even with a bruised face, he charged toward Clarissa with fury, swinging his sword at her like a maniac.