28 - I Like What I See

Ransom and I packed up everything we would need, I went shopping and found a dress I knew I would want to wear. Ransom had a simple black suit he was going to wear, and we would change once we figured out where we would go to get married.

"Why are we going on a last-minute trip?" Oliver asked me as I packed his suitcase and got his suit ready from the closet.

"Because dad and I want to go on one."

"But why can't we tell Grandma?" Oliver asked and I looked at him.

"Because this is just something for us Oliver. And how do you know we aren't telling Grandma?" I asked.

"I heard daddy talking to Marta and he said we weren't telling her." Oliver said and I sighed.

"Well, we just want us together. Marta and Meg are joining us though." I said and he smiled as I zipped up the bag with his suit and then his suitcase. Ransom came walking in and I smiled at him. He nodded his head asking me to join him in the hallway.

"I found something..." Ransom said, and I looked down at the ring box in his hand.

"What is it?" I asked and Ransom handed me the note. I unfolded it and read it to myself.

-Ransom,

I knew you would find this eventually. I knew you would get in this lock box to go looking for the ring you always planned to wear when you married Willa...Yes, Willa and if you are looking to marry someone other than Willa, dump them, go find Willa, beg her for forgiveness for whatever idiotic thing you did and marry her.

Okay, now that we settled that. I changed your ring. I know, I know over stepping, but I wanted you to have my wedding band. I know Willa will be wearing your grandmothers ring and I want you to have mine. There is so much sentimental value in it. Please Ransom do an old man this favor...

Good luck in your marriage and just remember, apologize often even if you think you're not wrong because let's face it Ransom, you probably are and overreacted. I wish you love and happiness Ransom.

Harlan-

I smiled with tears in my eyes as I looked at Ransom.

"Where was the original ring?" I asked.

"In a lock box in my room. He either knew where I hid the key, or he broke in." Ransom said and we both gave a small laugh as I wiped some tears away that had fallen. He held the ring box out to me, I took it from him and opened it to reveal a silver band with a filagree design etched in it.

"Ransom, it's amazing." I said and he nodded taking it back from me. He leaned down and gave me a small kiss.

"You ready to become Mrs. Drysdale?" Ransom whispered against my lips as we broke apart.

"I've been ready." I said and he smiled.

🕰 🕰 🕰

Ransom and I drove with Oliver in our car, we dropped Dash off with Marta's mom, she was more than happy to watch the dog for us.

Meg and Marta drove together following Ransom and I. We didn't go far, we only went to Essex, Connecticut. It was a small town and we just wanted somewhere small to get married and have time together as a family. After we got checked into the hotel, Ransom just called and got information on getting married at the small church in town. The preacher was very accommodating and told us everything we would need. He offered to get everything set up for us that we would need, and we had 2 hours to be at the church.