18 - Time to Play a Game

Ransom and I got up and went to find Oliver.

"Do we check his room?" Ransom asked, I looked and saw Dash whimpering and pawing at the office door.

"I don't think we have to check anywhere." I said pointing and we walked to the office. I opened the door and Dash went running in and I found Oliver sitting in the desk chair and I sighed.

"Buddy, can we talk?" I asked and he nodded. I walked over to the chair and picked him up and then sat down and put him in my lap as Ransom sat across the desk from us.

"Talk to us Oliver. Why don't you want dad and I together?" I asked and he crossed his arms and shook his head.

"Sometimes I wish you weren't so much like your dad." I mumbled but Ransom heard me and just smiled at me giving me a wink.

"Oliver, talk to me and your mom. Why the big issue of us being together?" Ransom asked.

"You fight all the time. You will just breakup again." Oliver said and I looked at Ransom and sighed.

"Dad and I are going to try and get better at that." I said.

"Not according to grandpa..." Oliver trailed off and I looked at Ransom.

"What has that bastard said?" Ransom asked.

"Ransom!" I said and he shrugged.

"Come on, what has he said?" I asked Oliver.

"He said that you and daddy are not meant for each other and nothing but a clusterfuck. Said once mommy finds something better, she will be on her way." Oliver said and I felt anger rising in my entire body as I saw Ransom stand up.

"That mother fu -..."

"RANSOM!" I yelled again, he took a deep breath, and he started pacing the office.

"I'm going to kill him." Ransom grumbled and I shook my head.

"No, you're not. Consider the source Ransom." I said and he groaned. I looked back at Oliver and sighed.

"Hey so for starters I don't care what grandpa said, don't repeat anything he says. Clusterfuck is a bad word." I said and Oliver nodded.

"I'm sorry mama." He said and kissed my cheek.

"It's okay, you didn't know, and I wanted to know what was said. But second of all your dad and I want to be together. We might fight and it may have taken us awhile to get here but we want to be together." I said and he just looked between us.

"If you are together does that mean no more fighting? I don't like when you guys' fight." Oliver said and I looked at Ransom and he looked at the floor knowing we had both screwed up fighting all the time. Ransom came over and knelt in front of Oliver and I.

"Oliver, I promise you that mom and I will try not to fight anymore. Sometimes it will happen, but we promise we are done fighting. I love your mom and I love you. I just want us all together as a family." Ransom said and I smiled as tears filled my eyes.

"Are you and mommy getting married?" Oliver asked and Ransom snapped his eyes to look at me and meet my shocked expression.

"We have to talk about it buddy. We have a while until we get there but one day, I would love to marry your mom. It's always been her." Ransom said and I smiled feeling my cheeks blush. Oliver smiled and wrapped his arms around Ransom's neck, and I smiled seeing them hug.

"Can we go finish breakfast now? I'm starving." Ransom exaggerated and Oliver laughed as we walked back into the kitchen.

🕰 🕰 🕰