25 - You've Changed

It had been a few days since the conversation with Linda and I was ignoring Ransom as well as I could. I had been pulling late nights at the office only get home in enough time to help put Ollie to bed and then go work in the office in the house until I knew Ransom was asleep.

Tonight, I was at the office missing dinner and probably bedtime too, but I had to work...

I was typing up some e-mails when I heard the main door to the office open. I knew I had locked it, so I was confused.

"Hello?" I called out coming out of my office. I saw Ransom round the corner, and I sighed. "What are you doing here? Who is watching Ollie?" I asked.

"Mom took him for pizza and then he is spending the night there. Been planned for a couple days which if you were ever home, you would know." Ransom said and I groaned.

"Ransom, I have to work. I have gotten so behind, and I have authors writing me wondering what is going on and when we can plan things out for them. I have to get all this done." I said.

"You also have a family!" Ransom snapped.

"I know I do! You think I forgot that aspect?" I asked.

"I mean your son is asking if you even care about him anymore. He is noticing you being distant Willa and so am I." Ransom asked. I looked at the floor putting my hands on my hips.

"I'm sorry he feels that way. It was never my intention." I said.

"And what about me? Do you feel bad for being distant from me? I mean fuck Willa, you don't even kiss me, you never come to bed when I'm awake...you are cold and distant." Ransom said and I growled.

"I'm sorry to you too." I said and Ransom walked up to me. It was fast and fluid that I didn't even notice.

"Are you really Willa? I mean we were going pretty hot and heavy and then you just stopped. It was after dinner with my parents. What happened to us Willa?" Ransom asked and I sighed.

"I don't know..." I said not making eye contact with him. He placed his hand under my chin, lifting my face to look at him.

"You do know...what is going on?" Ransom asked in a quiet but commanding voice.

"Do you even want a life with me?" I asked and he looked shocked at the question.

"What?" Ransom asked shocked.

"Do you want a future with me?" I asked and Ransom sighed.

"Willa..."

He then stopped and looked at our surroundings knowing we were the only ones there and sighed.

"Can we maybe go to dinner and talk about this?" Ransom asked and I nodded. I walked into my office and grabbed my purse and jacket. Ransom helped me put the jacket on and I smiled at him.

"Thank you." I said and he nodded. He took my hand as we walked outside, and I looked at both cars.

"Should I follow you?" I asked and Ransom shook his head.

"No, we will come back and get your car." Ransom said as we walked to the beamer and got in.

He drove to a nice Italian restaurant, and we got seated at a semiprivate table and ordered quickly when they waitress came over.

"Okay Willa please explain to me what is going on." Ransom said and I sighed.

"The other night when we went to dinner with you mom and Richard, and everything happened..."

"Yeah..."

"Well, your mom came over that night and when I took her to her room we got talking." I said and Ransom groaned.