Extra

It's been two months since Xiaomei and Zhuang finally found each other and talked everything out, and since then, they have been stuck to each other's side. Well, to be exact, Zhuang stuck to Xiaomei's side. Whenever he was not busy, he would go to her.

At first, Xiaomei told Zhuang to focus on getting the company adjusted to his standards since he now runs the business. Once he settled everything, he stuck to her like glue, which she didn't mind. On the other hand, she was busy trying to readjust herself back to her usual routine.

They didn't officially declare the status of their relationship with each other since they both never brought it up. They just went with the flow of their relationship. They text, call, hug, kiss, hold hands, and spend time with each other. It was as if they just continued where they had left off from their previous life.

____

They had finished their day at work and headed out together. Both Xiaomei and Zhuang were walking to the door of her apartment.

"When are you ever going back to your place?" Xiaomei asked as she pulled out her keys to open the door.

"When you start living with me," he answered. Xiaomei rolled her eyes before opening the door. Xiaomei refused to move in with him until her lease was over. Therefore, Zhuang spent the night at her place all the time.

Once she opened the door, voices were heard as if there were people inside her house. Immediately, Zhuang pulled her behind him. He was about to grab his phone to dial the cops, but Xiaomei stopped him. She felt these voices sounded familiar.

"Where did she put it?" a female voice said as cabinets were being opened.

"Mom, hurry before Dad ruins the dish," a young male voice shouted.

"Mom, it's right here," an older male voice said.

"Honey, can I add the vegetables now?" another male voice said.

She quickly went around him and walked towards the voices. She saw her mother, father, and two older brothers around the messy kitchen and dining table.

"MeiMei," one of her brothers noticed her as everyone in the kitchen stopped moving and turned their heads in her direction.

"Xiaomei, you're home so early?" her father said as she stood there looking at her family with an aching heart.

"W-what are you guys doing here?" she slowly said.

"Did you forget? It's your birthday, silly," her mother said with a smile.

Xiaomei has been so busy with work, Zhuang, and readjusting that she didn't have time to contact her family.

She hurried into her mother's arms and started crying. Her whole family was shocked and started asking what was wrong and why she was crying.

"I missed...you guys," she softly said, burying her face in her mother's arms.

"What's the matter with you? It's only been a couple of months since we haven't seen each other. Also, you could have visited us if you missed us so much," her mother said, stroking her head.

"There, there. Don't cry now," her father said, stroking her head as well.

"Yeah, MeiMei. Don't cry anymore, or you will look ugly," said one of her brothers, who was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. She then shot him a glare before her eldest brother with glasses smacked her brother in the head.

"Quit yapping," he said before looking at her, "MeiMei, who is that with you?"

Everyone then turned their heads to the door where Zhuang was standing.