Chapter 67

Two days passed, and during those two days, Baozhai and them were busy finding the whereabouts of Zhou Haitao. Meanwhile, Xiaomei stayed at her residence and chose not to be part of the search for Zhou Haitao since she wasn't the main character. There was no reason for her to waste her energy. However, to her surprise, she didn't expect ZhangWei to not search for Zhou Haitao but stay by her side.

______

"ZhangWei, why aren't you helping them search for Zhou Haitao?" Xiaomei asked as both of them were relaxing in her garden. Snacks and tea were on the table while a small stack of novels was beside them.

ZhangWei popped a chestnut into his mouth before directing his attention to her. "Didn't you say I am the supporting character?" he said in a relaxing tone.

She was a little taken aback by his response and slowly said, "Yeah...."

"So, what's the point? They can handle it without me for now," he said, not in a hurry.

She quietly smiled as she was slightly amused with his response. He leaned against his hand and softly watched her quiet smile. "You know, I'm kind of glad that I am the supporting character," he said with a smile. His gaze was so warm and tender as he looked at her.

She felt an instantaneous warmth in her heart but she couldn't help to think that he was trying to extend more time. Would it be wrong for them to try to prolong the story since they are just the supporting characters?

________

Inside an inn, a dim room far away from the other rooms. A middle-aged man in dark clothes was sitting close to a cracked window. Soon another man in black clothes entered the room quietly. The middle-aged man immediately noticed his presence and didn't utter a word but accepted the letter the other person gave him.

Zhou Haitou opened the letter before setting it down with a smile on his face. The letter was from one of the ministers that Zhou Haitou had kept in contact with. He was Zhou Haitou's accomplice. He and Zhou Haitou were the ones who cooked up the plan to frame General Huang for treason and the downfall of Emperor Zhou.

In the letter, the minister agreed to join him and would notify his men and some ministers that would accompany their plan. The man in black clothes quickly grinked ink and prepared a piece of paper for his master to write on.

Zhou Haitou started writing, "I'm glad you have answered my letters and considered joining me. Wouldn't it be a great deal? You help me while you can overthrow the Emperor and become the new Emperor. Let's meet up to further our plans." Zhou Haitou then folded up the letter and stuffed it in an envelope before sealing it. He handed it to his servant, indicating it to be sent out. Once his servant disappeared, Zhou Haitou started laughing. He couldn't believe how foolish the man was to covet the throne like him, but at least he was not naive and was intelligent. After all, there could only be one King.