Ten: Loviatar's Love

‼️TRIGGER WARNING‼️
{BDSM/punishment ahead}
{I hesitate to call it BDSM bc I think proper BDSM "etiquette" would dictate a safe word be used at the very least in this scenario but people in this universe don't know shit about that lol}
***

Chloe wanted nothing more than to obey the tall stranger's command to enter the room and shut the door, but her party members objected. Wyll stepped forward, taking the doorknob from Chloe's hand.

"You can't be serious, Chloe." He chastised, shutting the door only an inch away from her nose, completely ignoring the man inside.

"It is very clear this man wants to hurt you, don't be foolish. We have a mission to accomplish." Chloe shook herself, now free from the man's disarming gaze.

She nodded, knowing she should agree with Wyll. Everyone else certainly did.

But her mind kept replaying the image of the unfamiliar man slowly turning to face her with the flogger in his hand, the leather straps dangling. The image of his scars, the evil smile on his lips.

"Hold on, this has to be something important. We don't run into people in this game by accident, ever, everything means something." Chloe noted, gesturing to the now-closed door. "He likely has something useful to tell us, at least."

"What if it's a trap?" Wyll suggested, looking over at the rest of the party, who seemed equally wary.

"I can't think of any reason someone would invite us inside their camp just to trap us. Whose orders would he be following? Certainly not the goblins'." She challenged, and Wyll made a face like he knew he was about to lose the argument.

Astarion piped up, but he was examining his nails as though this was the most boring situation he'd ever had the misfortune of finding himself in.

"I had no idea you were such a glutton for punishment, Chloe." He teased, voice low. He looked up from inspecting his nails to say, only a bit more seriously, "I can't wait to watch you squirm under those lashes."

"Not. Helping." She said, through gritted teeth. He was trying to get a rise out of her, she knew that, and it was working. "But since clearly Astarion knows what's hot, he can accompany me inside if the rest of you are too chicken-shit to figure out what information this guy might have for us."

The elf-vampire smiled at her, a real smile.

"Oh, I could never leave you unaccompanied for something as deliciously scandalous as this, precious." He crooned, and the party looked amongst themselves, realizing there wasn't much choice. Lae'zel shook her head disapprovingly, but shrugged.

"Just hurry." Was all she said.

Chloe tried not to seem excited as she turned back to the closed door, reaching for the handle. She didn't know why she was excited. She pushed it slowly open, to find the man inside investigating a rack full of various instruments of pain and torture. He looked up at the sound of the door opening to find Chloe and Astarion peeking curiously at him.

"There you are, mouse." The stranger drawled, his words slow and hypnotizing. Chloe failed to hide the shiver that passed through her spine.

She stepped a few tentative steps inside the doorway and paused.

"If you want to talk, I'm afraid you'll have to come in and shut the door. The goblins don't enjoy the beautiful music of my work." The stranger tutted disapprovingly, and Chloe nodded to Astarion, who shut the door and leaned against it, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why have you come to me, little one? I've met few aside from goblins here." The stranger's voice was deep and Chloe felt as though everything he said echoed despite the small size of the space they occupied.