Chapter 10: "I'm finally home, please let me stay"

(A/N Im gonna need you to have your imagination clear for this chapter so that you will be more hurt this way 😈)

A voice could be heard in the distance, waking William up from his slumber. He slowly opened his eyes to a brightness, not an overwhelming one but a warm type of bright light.

He then sat straight up and started looking around, he was confused. He was sitting in a field of dandelion. He was surrounded by the greenery and the white flowers and it was so... peaceful.

William smiled as he stood up and decided to walk around into the never ending field. Is this finally the end? Am I finally dead? I never know death is this peaceful.

William then immediately thought of the voice that woke him up from his slumber, it sounded far but so comforting and familiar. Suddenly the detective came into his mind, what if the voice belonged to Sherlock?

With the thought in mind, William began running to any direction he felt is right and yelled out Sherlock's name at the top of his lungs, praying for the latter to respond.

"Sherly! Are you here?" William yelled out as something a few meters further than him made him stopped in his track then his legs started moving. He ran, he ran as if his life depends on it.

He spotted the detective in the distance. His Sherly. His detective was standing in the field a few meters away. The detective turned around towards the direction of the blond when he heard rushing footsteps, his eyes widened.

"Liam..?" He asked in disbelief. The blonde saw this and started running faster, his eyes tearing up. "Sherly!" He yelled his name one more time as he finally reached the detective.

"Sherly!" He said as he cupped his hands on the detective's cheeks and started planting quick, messy kisses on the detective lips.

"Lia—" The detective words were cut off by Liam kissing him too frequently. Satisfied, William hugged the detective torso and place his head on the crook of Sherlock's neck.

Sherlock sighed as he wrapped his arms around William's waist and planted soft, gentle kiss on his blond lock.

"Liam... why are you here?" William sniffed as he pulled away from Sherlock to look at him in the eyes. "I can't go on without you Sherly.. I can't—I really can't" Sherlock frowned as he wiped the tears away from William's eyes as he leaned down to kiss the tears away.

"Liam, I understand" "Really?" Sherlock caressed William's face as he pulled him in for a passionate kiss, it wasn't messy or rush anymore. Oh how William missed this feeling, his hand naturally moved to Sherlock's head, pulling Sherlock closer to William.

Their lips moved in sync, none of them seemed to want to part but they did eventually. Pulling away, they stared at each other and they closed their eyes, pulling one another into another kiss.

This time, it got more intimate. Sherlock nibbled on William's lower lip in which he hummed in response, parting his lips slightly big enough for Sherlock to slip his tongue in and Sherlock did just that. His tongue explored every part of his beloved William James Moriarty, not sparing a single spot.

This went on for a few of seconds before they finally parted again.

"Sherly.." William breathed out Sherlock's name and smiled sweetly at him. "I would love to marry you"

Sherlock stood still before his face lit up. He picked William up and spun him around in the dandelion field while screaming excitedly. William giggled as he screamed along with Sherlock, letting down his mask and released his emotions.

"You're a Holmes!" "I'm a Holmes!" "You're my husband!" "Im yours!" "You're mine!!" Sherlock squealed as he quickly kissed William and went back to screaming.

"You're William Holmes!" Sherlock said in disbelief as William smiled. "I'm William James Holmes" Sherlock smiled as he kissed William's forehead in which he happily leaned to the touch.

But then Sherlock frowned. "Sherly..?" Sherlock sighed as he put William down. "Sherly is everything okay?" "Liam, you can't stay" William widened his eyes as he quickly shook his head.

"No—You can't do this to me. You can't leave me again! I'm finally home—you're my home, Sherly. I'm home.." William sobbed as he hugged Sherlock tightly. "I'm finally home.. please let me stay!"

"Liam look at me" Sherlock tilted William's chin to look at him as he continued. "Your life is not over yet, my sweetheart. You have to go on, continue on living. I know you could do it. Surely, it will be hard right now but once you continue on taking more steps towards living I know for sure that life will be beautiful once again"

William frowned as he finally nodded. Has he finally decided on continuing living?

"You don't need me to continue on living, Liam. Surely, I had helped you during your first steps toward living but you have proven to be capable of doing that on your own. I was only there to guide you, everything you did was out of your own will. I believe in you Liam and you must believe in yourself, you got that?"

Crying, William nodded as he hugged Sherlock tightly. "I.. I will continue living Sherly. I promise you I will do it" Sherlock smiled as he kissed William's head lovingly.

"You could have missed out on so many things Liam. You need to do them, with your brother or your friends! You are going to die because of old age or natural causes on the comfort of your bed, in your own bedroom surrounded by your love one"

William nodded against Sherlock's should as he pulled away.

"I will Sherly, I promise you I will" Sherlock smiled and patted William's head. "Now wake up, my love. Your brothers are really worried" William frowned but also nodded. He knew he had to continue on living. He can't go like this, just as Sherlock said.

"Can you kissed me one more time?" Without saying anything, Sherlock kissed William and he immediately kissed back. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before they parted. As William opened his eyes, he saw Sherlock's body slowly fading with a smile on his face.

This time without begging Sherlock to stay, William cried but he smiled. He raised his hands to wave good bye to Sherlock one last time before Sherlock completely vanished away.

William knew he had to let Sherlock go to be able to continue on living and he did just that. He can't hold onto Sherlock forever. William sighed as he closed his eyes and spread his arms wide before dropping his body backwards, just like what he did when he was falling off the bridge above the river of Thames.