Chapter 2: Remnants of Him

I had always try to muster up my courage to say these last words to you but I am a coward and now here I am, writing my last letter to you and I deeply regret not saying these to you in person but nevertheless...

William James Moriarty, will you do the honor and become William J. Holmes?

Yours always and forever,

Sherlock Holmes

Ringing sensation filled William's ears as he reread the last paragraph over and over again before reading Sherlock signing off. By now, William was crying uncontrollably and he wasn't trying to hide it anymore.

As he looked inside the envelope that the letter was in, he saw a shiny gold ring and a familiar ring that belonged to a certain someone.

William carefully took the rings out and placed it on his palm, observing both of them.

The gold one was supposed to be his engagement ring had Sherlock made it out alive. The ring was beautiful, it has ruby as the main stone and it reminded him of his own eyes color. Liam then slid the gold ring onto his ring finger on his left hand as a sob escaped from his mouth.

"Yes Sherly.. I would love to marry you" He weakly whispered to himself as he continued to stare at the other ring sitting on his palm.

It is the skull ring that has been on the detective's hand ever since they first met. William then slid the ring on his middle finger so that both of the rings could stay together, what William and Sherlock could have been; together side by side. 

William brought up the hand with Sherlock's ring to his eyes as he cried and whispered his now husband's name repeatedly.

Albert and Louis on the other hand, had been outside of William's room had they were concerned for their beloved brother. Occasional sobbed could be heard from inside the room before it was being followed by; "Yes Sherly.. I would love to marry you"

Marry? Both Albert and Louis thought. Albert sighed as he placed a hand on Louis' shoulder and shook his head. "Let's leave him be for a moment" Louis reluctantly agreed as both of them made their way back downstairs to the living room with all of the crews.

Billy had been comforted by Bond and Jack as he repeatedly apologized for letting Sherlock died.

As Albert got back down, Fred immediately asked Albert about William. "He's.. broken again" Albert sighed as Louis continued. "His gaze before he went into his room I recognized it.. it was the usual expression that he had on when he played the role as the Lord of Crime. I'm scared that he would.."—Louis looked at Fred—"try to put an end to his life again. After all, Mr Holmes was brother's life support. Without him, I'm sure brother wouldn't be here with us today"

"Louis is right, I must do my best to distract William from going back to his old ways of living. That is my very mission." Fred vowed as the others vowed with him.

"Billy.. had Mr Holmes said anything about marriage and engagement to you?" Albert suddenly asked Billy and he nodded. "Ponytail-senpai told me so many time that he tried to propose to William but failed and I also tried to give him advice too" Albert nodded in understanding. "Thank you Billy, I just overheard Will saying something along the line of 'I would love to marry you' alone" Billy's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, so you mean Sherlock proposed to William in a letter...?" he asked.

Albert nodded. "It seems that way," he replied. "Based on your information, I think Sherlock had been planning to propose for a while, but he never got the chance to do it properly."

Louis nodded as he sighed. "As much as I despised Mr Holmes, they deserved their happiness"

James Bond, who had been listening intently, spoke up. "Well, maybe we can still give them that," he suggested. "We can arrange a proper funeral and honor Sherlock's memory by making sure William knows how loved and cherished he is"

The room fell into a contemplative silence as everyone absorbed Bond's words. They all knew that it wouldn't be easy, that there would be many challenges and heartaches along the way. But they were determined to support William, just as Sherlock had done for so long.

As for William, he sat alone in his room, staring at the rings on his hand. The sudden news of Sherlock's absence hit him hard, but he felt lost and confused. Sherlock had always been William's source of life and happiness for so long and now he's gone.

His world that was once filled with colour by the presence of the detective was now black and white once again.

And as he looked at the rings on his hand, he whispered into the quiet room, "I love you, Sherly, always and forever yours" he kissed the skull ring, imagining as if the ring was Sherlock.

Holmes as my last name.. I only wished to use it with you, Sherly.

With a sigh, William got off his bed and decided to go on a walk. Staying inside his house all day wouldn't help since everywhere reminds him of Sherlock and that pained him more than anything.

As he made his ways down the stairs, he felt all eyes on him. When he got to the living room, he stopped for a bit then turned to face them.

William dropped his hands which made the rings reacted to the light. He glanced at the rings quickly as he talked. "I'm going out for a bit, I'll be back later"

William quickly walked out of the house as he announced where he would be going, trying his best to ignore the stares of his comrades.